• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in Pakistan

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Choora said:
Not sure about Blackwell, but Afridi is establishing himself as a test allrounder, his performance in test matche lately have been great.JUst look at his performance in the last test match and you can see how this guy can take matches away from opponents
Afridi is fine when the ball is doing nothing, he'll look truly awful when he plays a top quality attack on a pitch that has the slightest movement in it.

Choora

State Regular
Scaly piscine said:
Afridi is fine when the ball is doing nothing, he'll look truly awful when he plays a top quality attack on a pitch that has the slightest movement in it.
True, but at the same time he has shown great improvement in his bowling, so its not that he's useless.

When he fails with the bat, he makes it up with the ball !!

Nonentity

Cricket Spectator
Choora said:
True, but at the same time he has shown great improvement in his bowling, so its not that he's useless.

When he fails with the bat, he makes it up with the ball !!
exactly..he has really matured as a bowler

Younis Khan is out of Lahore test match as his brother has just expired.

England now has the best chance to beat a weak Pak team that will be without Afridi and Younis Khan.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
vandemataram said:
England now has the best chance to beat a weak Pak team that will be without Afridi and Younis Khan.
England is missing quite a few of their players as well..

Pratyush said:
England is missing quite a few of their players as well..
Yeah but i think England have good replacement for Strauss, Pakistan on the other hand doesn't seems to have a good replacement for Younis Khan

Pakistan should really reacall Imran Farhat to open with BUtt in Lahore test match and have Malik bat at one down.Hasan Raza has already failed in the first test match and having him to come at one down in place of Younis in Lahore test match could prove to be disaster.

My team would be

Butt
Frahat
Malik
Inzi
Yousuf
Asim
Akmal
Rana
Akhtar
Asif
Danish.

However the team most likly to end up playing would be like,

Butt
Malik
Yousuf
Inzi
Asim
Hasan
Akmal
Rana
Akhtar
Sami
Danish

greg

International Debutant
As people have said we will get 75 overs a day (maximum) in the Lahore test (with no time for overtime) why has nobody proposed something sensible like 6 day tests in these circumstances?

greg

International Debutant
vandemataram said:
Yeah but i think England have good replacement for Strauss, Pakistan on the other hand doesn't seems to have a good replacement for Younis Khan
Only because they are replacing someone who hasn't scored any runs.

Shoaib

Banned
vandemataram said:
Pakistan should really reacall Imran Farhat to open with BUtt in Lahore test match and have Malik bat at one down.Hasan Raza has already failed in the first test match and having him to come at one down in place of Younis in Lahore test match could prove to be disaster.

My team would be

Butt
Frahat
Malik
Inzi
Yousuf
Asim
Akmal
Rana
Akhtar
Asif
Danish.

However the team most likly to end up playing would be like,

Butt
Malik
Yousuf
Inzi
Asim
Hasan
Akmal
Rana
Akhtar
Sami
Danish
According to some very trustable sources,Mohammad Asif or Arshad Khan is gonna replace Mohammad Sami in the 3rd Test.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
vandemataram said:
What?

England will replace Strauss with a test debutant. Pakistan can replace Younis with Asim Kamal, someone who should make the first XI anyway. I think Pak have the clear upper hand.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Jono said:
What?

England will replace Strauss with a test debutant. Pakistan can replace Younis with Asim Kamal, someone who should make the first XI anyway. I think Pak have the clear upper hand.
It's looking like Collingwood is going to replace Strauss with Vaughan moving up the order, rather than Cook playing. Fletcher doesn't like the fact that he hasn't had a knock on tour so far.

That means Pakistan definitely have the upper hand. :p

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
at least our chances of doing something in the ODI series have improved now that Vaughan will fly home - still they'll probably replace him with Solanki and we'll be back to sqaure one...

greg

International Debutant
Barney Rubble said:
It's looking like Collingwood is going to replace Strauss with Vaughan moving up the order, rather than Cook playing. Fletcher doesn't like the fact that he hasn't had a knock on tour so far.
That means Pakistan definitely have the upper hand. :p
Nor has Collingwood or Vaughan for months ;)

Scaly piscine

superkingdave said:
at least our chances of doing something in the ODI series have improved now that Vaughan will fly home - still they'll probably replace him with Solanki and we'll be back to sqaure one...
Probably right sadly, they should definitely play Prior tho, Blackwell's bowling should be enough to push him ahead of other spinners, giving England the most erratic batting lineup in cricket history:

Tresco
Prior
Strauss
KP
Flintoff
Collingwood
Geraint
Blackwell
Plunkett
Harmison
Anderson (or several other options)

PY

International Coach
With that line-up, Freddie will have to bowl all his overs every game really. :(

Not that I can see any alternative but I really would like to see Freddie man-managed well and rested (bowling 4-5 strike overs) during the ODIs to give him a break from the ridiculous workload he's had this series.

Scaly piscine

PY said:
With that line-up, Freddie will have to bowl all his overs every game really. :(

Not that I can see any alternative but I really would like to see Freddie man-managed well and rested (bowling 4-5 strike overs) during the ODIs to give him a break from the ridiculous workload he's had this series.
Well there's still the supersub (sigh), who would probably be bowler.