• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in Pakistan

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Right, if we can bowl out Pakistan inside 90 minutes of tomorrow morning, with a lead of, say, 225, it'll be a cracker.

Beleg

International Regular
People in Pakistan have notoriously small attention spans when It comes to watching cricket. I cannot recall seeing a bigger crowd in all my test-match watching life in Pakistan. It is a miracle that the ground was almost completely full for four straight days (minus a few hours) of test cricket.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Tomorrow it can mean England chasing a target of 240 in 60 overs in an extreme situation. I think it will be some thing more favourable to England but Pakistan (Inzamam and/or Akmal) may have other ideas.

Will England go for the win? I hope they do because a team which wants to challenge for the top test spot should aim to win test series' and not draw them.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Crucial blow with the third-last ball of the day. England take day four honours and tomorrow ought to be a belter. I look forward to 4.30am.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Pratyush said:
Tomorrow it can mean England chasing a target of 240 in 60 overs in an extreme situation. I think it will be some thing more favourable to England but Pakistan (Inzamam and/or Akmal) may have other ideas.

Will England go for the win? I hope they do because a team which wants to challenge for the top test spot should aim to win test series' and not draw them.
I'm sure they would go for the win. Absolutely no point in not at 1-0 down.
Another nailbiter in sight - we just don't do boring tests any more.

The last session has perfectly illustrated Beleg's point about the slow scoring rate. They could have scored at over 3 an over without any serious risks, and been more fireproof if a couple of wickets to fall. As it is ....

ClownSymonds

U19 Vice-Captain
wpdavid said:
I'm sure they would go for the win. Absolutely no point in not at 1-0 down.
Another nailbiter in sight - we just don't do boring tests any more.

The last session has perfectly illustrated Beleg's point about the slow scoring rate. They could have scored at over 3 an over without any serious risks, and been more fireproof if a couple of wickets to fall. As it is ....
England bowled well and Pakistan might not have been able to go at a faster rate even if they had really tried. There should be a result here, but England just might have opened up a can of worms. We'll see.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Wow, another great 5th day is in store. All three results are very possible. A lot of it depends on what Inzy wants really. Will they get a quick 30-40, or even 50 runs tomorrow and put England in or will they play it safe?

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Jono said:
Wow, another great 5th day is in store. All three results are very possible. A lot of it depends on what Inzy wants really. Will they get a quick 30-40, or even 50 runs tomorrow and put England in or will they play it safe?
Don't be silly, they'll want a quick 150 runs before they put England in.

pakster

U19 12th Man
England probably favourites here, but batting on a last day pitch chasing in excess of 200 against kaneria, afridi and akhtar will not be a walk in the park. Im expecting pak to get another 30-40 runs in the morning session giving england around 230 to chase.

All test matches should involve england, they dont seem to know how to participate in dull encounters - brilliant stuff.

andyc

pakster said:
All test matches should involve england, they dont seem to know how to participate in dull encounters - brilliant stuff.
Have you been watching the last 20 years of cricket?

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
If Pakistan bat more than an hour the match is a dead duck. Although tomorrow could also potentially last longer than the other days. England wouldn't go off in that sort of light if they have a chance of making the runs.

Beleg

International Regular
It is quite possible to chase 250 in 60 overs. Pakistan need to bat through the first session (or at least till 11:30 local time) AND score around 50-80 runs in that interval to have a reasonable chance at pulling of a draw.

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

I think people are underestimating how many Pakistan's last 4 wickets will put on, with potato there even with low resistance from the tailenders they'll score 50, also tailenders have done well on this pitch so far anyway. England will be bowling with a very old ball for the first 14 overs, so they should be looking to get Pakistan out within 20 overs with a new-ball burst to finish them off. Anything better than this would be a bonus.

Scaly piscine

Anyways I shall look forward to England chasing 260 or something, if England bat well then going by the present 'standards' shown by this Pakistan team England will have just hit the winning runs by about late afternoon, English time.