• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in Pakistan (T20, September 2022)

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This has been really good from Topley, others may have picked up the wickets but he's been far the pick.

kevinw

State Vice-Captain
Any body else worried by the fact that Rashid has lost the knack of taking wickets and with Willey is becoming a luxury.Gleeson not the answer.We have Wood but who else
Not had a great series and it's not like it's not a pace bowlers series. The Pakistan spinners strangled England in the last game, even part timers. Maybe this will be a last tournament then Parkinson or Crane will have to step up. Gleeson is nowhere near good enough. Should be Willey's last series or tournament too. Curran does that job better.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Will we cross 170 today? Doubtful.
They got as close as they could've without getting there tbf. Yet again it's an opener who has scored over half the runs. Middle order nowhere to be seen still. Asif Ali is a hack.

grecian

It's simple, good start, hit hard with the powerplay easily doable, but we've not done that much this series, so if I was to punt I'd go Pakistan, but not that sure, they haven't Rauf which is good for us.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Pakistan are a bit short right? Shadab and jamal are solid hitters, feel like they left 15-20 runs out there.

Preed

U19 12th Man
Well trust someone to prove my ranting wrong.Salt who could have been out first ball then plays a magnificent innings.Maybe Rashid will take a wicket in the decider

Xuhaib

International Coach
That's a hammering.

Atleast they were bold enough today to rest Rizwan and Rauf and try some one new.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think this series has given the middle order plenty of chances but they're just not capable of doing anything of note. Hey, Babar pulled off a funky looking scoop adjacent shot in the last over so we're not totally doomed. Just need 2 guys to consistently score 150sr 80s.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
100% Joe Root makes England's best side in any format. Surely it's his call not playing T20i's?
And England fans should rejoice. Our captain is burned out to a pile of embers, while their (former one) is still going strong. Get the feeling our version in the 'Fab Four' is going to retire a lot earlier than theirs is, unless Kane gives away T20 and the captaincy as well.

grecian

And England fans should rejoice. Our captain is burned out to a pile of embers, while their (former one) is still going strong. Get the feeling our version in the 'Fab Four' is going to retire a lot earlier than theirs is, unless Kane gives away T20 and the captaincy as well.
Would suggest that's more to do with the IPL and other stuff that Root doesn't play. This series a big exception, but normally T20s are just a match or too tagged at the end of a One day series he's already travelled too, rather than over a month in India, and other places, same for Kohli and Smith probably. Why Babar and Root are probably the best in the World now

anywhoo, as I say not going to happen.

Well done England and Salt, one innings changed so much, gotta be opening with Jos now, unless Hales does similar tomorrow..

Xuhaib

International Coach
I think this series has given the middle order plenty of chances but they're just not capable of doing anything of note. Hey, Babar pulled off a funky looking scoop adjacent shot in the last over so we're not totally doomed. Just need 2 guys to consistently score 150sr 80s.
Yes when chahcu ifti is your best middle order bat then I guess you are doomed