• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in Pakistan (T20, September 2022)

tooextracool

International Coach
To be honest Malan is batting out of position and would be a much more effective player at the top with Buttler. At #3, he regularly kills any momentum built by the openers and it doesn’t help that he’s not a great starter against spin. That said, Hales is a more explosive player with a better Bash record which I think works heavily in his favor.

Barring injury, I can’t see any way Stokes doesn’t play every game. In addition to offering an additional bowling option, his presence and experience as a World Cup winner makes him a dead cert. I know his t20 record is not great and that’s something I’ve argued on this forum in the past but realistically, he could provide significant value if he bats at 3. 4/5/6 should be a lock between Livingstone, Brook and Ali.

I see some mentions on Ben Duckett but as far as I know, he is not in the WC squad so I see him as unlikely to start in the first match

tooextracool

International Coach
I just watched the highlights. Brook's a talent, isn't he. I'll take some of that in our middle order. And having a couple of genuine quicks helped. If we assume that Buttler (obviously) and Hales (probably) will return as our first choice openers, the side's not looking too shabby ahead of the WC.
Anybody who can hit a six over deep extra cover is a seriously talented player in my mind. Definitely, this side is shaping up well from a batting perspective but we could do with more pace bowling options particularly at the death.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Is Hales fielding going to be a problem, if he keeps shelling catches maybe we could do without.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That was horrific really. They had no plan to exploit the games even though the bowling strategy was obvious as can be.

chris.hinton

International Captain
45 too few. Pakistan cant manage an innings. But England's skill set of Bowler is at a high level, even without our better players we are still miles better and its going to be 6-1

chris.hinton

International Captain
Pakistan have messed this up. We will never give them another chance

Dawson is improving. Frightening the potential of England players

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That was a bit silly though, but nice to have a close finish, the main point to this format really.

thundaboult

International Debutant
holy ****, 155km from rauf on a hattrick ball...lets see if he gets the review right

dream fast bowling spell under pressure

Xuhaib

International Coach
Rauf is Wahab 2.0 isn't he? Looks bog average and then suddenly amps it up when the heat is on.

Babar and Rizwan needs to show some selflessness and sit out few games to see what others are capable of doing.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rauf is Wahab 2.0 isn't he? Looks bog average and then suddenly amps it up when the heat is on.

Babar and Rizwan needs to show some selflessness and sit out few games to see what others are capable of doing.
But that won't solve the middle order issues. We need them to go hard batting first and if it doesn't come off, so be it. That's how the middle order will get tested, not by having them open instead. Rauf must've improved a lot. His control for the pace he's bowling at has been unreal lately. Was a total meme last year.