• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in Pakistan (T20, September 2022)

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jordan offers that death overs expertise even if I'm not sure that works half the time while Curran offers good batting depth ... options options
Jordan offers nothing. His death bowling is the biggest myth in world cricket right now. He's gone for 50+ at least 4 times in the last year from memory. Terrible in PSL, IPL and just about everywhere I've seen him.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
Jordan offers that death overs expertise even if I'm not sure that works half the time while Curran offers good batting depth ... options options
jordan being good in the death overs is an absolute meme at this point

as silly as picking woakes abroad in tests

Socerer 01

International Vice-Captain
Jordan offers nothing. His death bowling is the biggest myth in world cricket right now. He's gone for 50+ at least 4 times in the last year from memory. Terrible in PSL, IPL and just about everywhere I've seen him.
why bowl yorkers when you can bowl low full tosses instead is Jordan's motto

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He's better than Willey. Likely to be a toss up between him and Jordan at 8 imo. Wood and Topley are certs.
Woakes also an option, Just hope Willey and Sam Curran aren't playing, outside of England they offer no threat.

BazBall21

International Regular
If we had one of Archer, Wood or Topley yesterday Pakistan probably wouldn’t have won. They don’t like pace and it is essential on these pitches.

Xuhaib

International Coach
At least Pakistan seem to have discovered a decent batsman outside of their openers in this game
Yes thats more important then a 10 wicket thumping the other day I would suggest Babar and Rizwan to sit out atleast 2 of the next 4 games so some else can be forced to stand up.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yes thats more important then a 10 wicket thumping the other day I would suggest Babar and Rizwan to sit out atleast 2 of the next 4 games so some else can be forced to stand up.
Shan should be part of all your squads tbh. Guy can bowl decent medium pace too as a parttimer and having him as a 7th bowling option can only help.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I just watched the highlights. Brook's a talent, isn't he. I'll take some of that in our middle order. And having a couple of genuine quicks helped. If we assume that Buttler (obviously) and Hales (probably) will return as our first choice openers, the side's not looking too shabby ahead of the WC.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That's part of England's plan. Makes their big hitting "batsmen" look better when they have more runs to chase

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
What will england go with when the WC roles around?

1.Buttler (C) +
2.Hales?
3.Malan
4.?
5.Brook
6.Moeen/Livingstone?
7.S Curran
8.Mark Wood
9.Rashid
10.Topley
11.Insert random third pacer

Not sure who takes the #4 slot. Would put YJB there normally but he's injured. Duckett probably the first choice after performing well in pak, or maybe livingstone.

grecian

What will england go with when the WC roles around?

1.Buttler (C) +
2.Hales?
3.Malan
4.?
5.Brook
6.Moeen/Livingstone?
7.S Curran
8.Mark Wood
9.Rashid
10.Topley
11.Insert random third pacer

Not sure who takes the #4 slot. Would put YJB there normally but he's injured. Duckett probably the first choice after performing well in pak, or maybe livingstone.
Think Stokes will probably play, hopefully in place of Sam Curran. Duckett looks okay, but his reliance on the sweep shot might not be that great in Oz. Yet I'd give him a go, but think they'll go for Livingstone, with big bash experience.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Think Stokes will probably play, hopefully in place of Sam Curran. Duckett looks okay, but his reliance on the sweep shot might not be that great in Oz. Yet I'd give him a go, but think they'll go for Livingstone, with big bash experience.
I know stokes retiring from ODI's means he's focusing on t20I's and test's, but I don't rate him as a t20 cricketer. His t20I stats are average as average gets and he's been inconsistent in the IPL. Can win you games but a good portion of the time he's useless.

grecian

I know stokes retiring from ODI's means he's focusing on t20I's and test's, but I don't rate him as a t20 cricketer. His t20I stats are average as average gets and he's been inconsistent in the IPL. Can win you games but a good portion of the time he's useless.
if he plays ahead of Sam Curran, he can only be an improvement.