• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Well Cribb started up this website/forum called CricSim, where you sign up as players and take part in a simulated cricket league, playing for clubs and provinces. Currently he's president of a club called the Ravens, which by the way explains his avatar. Marcuss, Teja, Johnners, Shri, Spark and I are a few other members of that club. We have a private sub forum and everything. It's by far the best on the site.

Heef also runs a Rugby Sim on the same forums, so we have another subforum for our rugby clubs. Most CWers join the Crabs, which is the best club on the site after the Ravens. Cribb isn't it which is a plus, although we have to put up with his abusing of admin powers by posting in our subbie from time to time. Athlai and Howe generally run the show in terms of selection, contracts and lineups for the Crabs I think. I personally don't know anything about rugby though, so I just make an occasional post in the match threads to lie to myself that I'm still interested in the fortunes of the club in the competition, while my actual interests lie in a thread that weeman27bob has so generously populated with pictures of perfect women.

So anyways, last season of the league GingerFurball decided to sign up. But before that, GIMH signed up. They both joined the same club, the Gamblers, who traditionally are known as a bunch of racist bogans. Morgieb happens to be one of the few good blokes in that club. This season GIMH and GF both moved to another club, the Cyclones (see the trend here?).

About that inside joke, I don't think you'll really get it tbh. Feel free to sign up to CricSim anytime though.
#peoplethatneedlivesasap

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Alright wtf, once again I am not watching so I must ask, are England batting like dickwads or is the pitch doing something/India bowling well?

Run rate is ridiculously slow.

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What's up with Ishant Sharma today ? :shock:
Nothing, he's just bowling more accurately than usual. Too bad he's aiming for the wrong spot on the pitch, it's why he'll just beat the bat a hell lot and never get wickets.

And when he drops even shorter he gets spanked like that.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Alright wtf, once again I am not asking so I must ask, are England batting like dickwads or is the pitch doing something/India bowling well?

There is movement in the air as well of the pitch and India have bowled decently well.

KP looks out of sorts too for some reason today.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Alright wtf, once again I am not asking so I must ask, are England batting like dickwads or is the pitch doing something/India bowling well?

Outfield is quick, good batting wicket, there is a bit of swing but that's usually there in most games these days. Ishant seems to be bowling well, it also seems like England plan on keeping wickets in hand and go big during the final overs, decent strategy, could potentially backfire if these two get out soon though.

Will be interesting to see how the spinners go.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!

itstl

All three bowlers so far are getting movement through the air and Ishant especially off the wicket. They've bowled well though, and Cook's done really well to score his 37. No doubt it'll get easier to bat the longer the sun stays out.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Outfield is quick, good batting wicket, there is a bit of swing but that's usually there in most games these days. Ishant seems to be bowling well, it also seems like England plan on keeping wickets in hand and go big during the final overs, decent strategy, could potentially backfire if these two get out soon though.

Will be interesting to see how the spinners go.
Backfires if KP goes early, for sure. Worked in the first ODI I guess.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cook is just a machine. Insane stuff. Could be a really good platform for Morgan, Patel and Buttler.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Man spinners must want to shoot whoever makes these new rules lol, first the 2 new balls and now only 4 outside the ring lol.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Dead ball bowled? Faaaaaaaaaar out

Edit: **** off, cricbuzz made it sound worse than KP just backing away. Thought he may have kicked the stumps or something