• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

CarlsbergXpress

U19 Vice-Captain
Doubt any Indian was complaining when he started launching from the moment he came in. His batting at no11 was the only reason they were in with a sniff, there was always a chance that he would miss one and look stupid. Last over of the day doesn’t make a difference - reserve that sort of criticism for a situation where there is the possibility of the last day being rained off IMO.
Sorry Greg, but I disagree. What made him think the sole responsibility for getting the 20 odd runs was his? There is a (presumably) better batsman up the other end who he should support. Jeez, if he’d kept out that last over at least it gives England a night to stew on the situation.

Interesting comment from his captain in the post match saying that he’d have liked it to have gone to the final day, so I’m guessing he wasn’t that impressed either.

CarlsbergXpress

U19 Vice-Captain
And if he is genuinely that **** that he can’t help scrape the country he is representing to a vital test match win, he should get down the nets, or be nowhere near the team. Look at leach and the application he shows, whatever the cause. Not like his bowling was anything to write home about.

cnerd123

likes this
And if he is genuinely that **** that he can’t help scrape the country he is representing to a vital test match win, he should get down the nets, or be nowhere near the team. Look at leach and the application he shows, whatever the cause. Not like his bowling was anything to write home about.
Bruh look at the spineless batting from the 10 batters ahead of him.

These guys are cooked. The fight is gone.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Doubt any Indian was complaining when he started launching from the moment he came in.
I was when he took a hattrick of strolls outside his crease and nearly got out 5 times in his little innings.

He sucks and thats fine. It’s also not his fault that we lost. But he’s not giving the team the best chance of success by batting like this. Stopping yourself from dancing down the wicket like a madman is the least you can do.

Aidan11

International Vice-Captain
Assuming Leach is fit I'm guessing we will be unchanged for the 2nd test.

Would like to have a look at Bashir though.

CarlsbergXpress

U19 Vice-Captain
I was when he took a hattrick of strolls outside his crease and nearly got out 5 times in his little innings.

He sucks and thats fine. It’s also not his fault that we lost. But he’s not giving the team the best chance of success by batting like this. Stopping yourself from dancing down the wicket like a madman is the least you can do.
Exactly this….. except sucking is not fine (in this particular instance). He’s been around internationally for a while, why has he not taken the steps to improve. Long gone are the times where blokes just say ‘not my job’, it ****ing is your job, apply yourself ****.
Not like he’s an uncoordinated lump of fat that has no chance of ever being at least a nuisance.
Rant over.

Molehill

International Captain
Well we did say our one chance was scoreboard pressure, but didn’t see India being that poor. Gill and Iyer look real underachievers.

Still can’t believe that after Day 1, the 2 most likely to get dropped won us the match. Astonishing innings from Pope, right up there with the greatest overseas innings by an Englishman.

I suspect only changes now will be Wood and maybe Rehan (depending on Leach’s fitness).

Set for a great series now, England will not be easy to break down after this. Can only see them improving.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Previous poster also mentioned a bazball 50-70 on that kind of pitch is possible and that potentially plays in our favour.
Yeah this was my greatest "fear" before the tour. England can easily bazball their way to 300 on any given pitch. They might look silly doing it but the total stays the same and puts our suspect batting under pressure.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
It's time to add wrist spin (Kuldeep) in the mix. The current attack is too samey samey with 3 finger spinners.

Socerer 01

International Captain
Exactly this….. except sucking is not fine (in this particular instance). He’s been around internationally for a while, why has he not taken the steps to improve. Long gone are the times where blokes just say ‘not my job’, it ****ing is your job, apply yourself ****.
Not like he’s an uncoordinated lump of fat that has no chance of ever being at least a nuisance.
Rant over.
pick your no 11 based on their batting

@Adorable Asshole @Prince EWS would approve and Garner would be proud

Nas207

School Boy/Girl Captain
Incredible win. Sets up a fascinating series too. I heard that Jadeja is injured, can anyone confirm?

For England, do they stick with rehan/wood next test?

For indian fans, what pitches should we expect now? Bunsens, roads?