• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England 'A' in CWLand

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Bah. Pretty woeful batting effort at the end there. Surviving the final day against that attack was always going to be hard, but to not even make it to tea before being bowled out was shocking.

Demeza and Richards bowled pretty well in the first innings, and Hancock's innings was superb, but generally we were well below par. Certainly the worst form I've ever been in personally.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
a better showing this time, the batters probably didnt get quite enough runs and the bowlers seem to lack a bit of sharpness though...

Travis_Teh

International Regular
When abouts is the CW A one day squad going to be named.
Need to know for confirmation of availability for the u/19 squad to play these poms :)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Towns to lead 'A' team short-formers

Daniel Towns will take up the one-day captaincy role of the Cricket Web 'A' team, as Sean Fuller jets off to Australia for the senior side. Towns leads a squad of 13 players against the English tourists.

Dave Watt returns to the fold of Cricket Web top flight cricket, with a callup to the 'A' team at an interesting time approaching the World Cup.

Former under-19 captain, Jack McNamara graduates to the senior OD squad, whilst he is joined by some of his youth teammates.

Cricket Web 'A' OD squad:
DP Towns (C), A Crampton (wk), JE Stedman, NG Scott, AJ Blackman, BL Wilshere, SA Bennett, HG Warwick, AA Cameron, DJ Watt, JP McNamara, CP Thompson, BC Cunningham.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Some good names there, looks like a quality squad. Wilshere and Crampton deserve a shot after some consistent good work in the lower order for Blue, and Cameron, McNamara and Warwick also play their first senior-level representative games for CW, I believe.

Among those who missed out, it seems like Wilsons's stock has plummetted a bit. He got picked for the ODI tour of the West Indies at the start of season 10, and now he's not even in the A side!

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
WOAH. Maiden FC 100! :) I'm quite happy with that. Even so, it's a pity the CW A team went down. We'll fight back!

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Well played Nick, big maiden ton. Dissapointing loss there, Demeza on fire in the first-innings. :thumbsup:

cricketboy29

International Regular
Pretty darn strong OD team:D. No wonder I didnt get named..:p. I must say though if England A dont get beaten in this OD series, it doesnt bode well for our future, gents.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Cricket Web 'A' OD squad:
DP Towns (C), A Crampton (wk), JE Stedman, NG Scott, AJ Blackman, BL Wilshere, SA Bennett, HG Warwick, AA Cameron, DJ Watt, JP McNamara, CP Thompson, BC Cunningham.
Top side. Thompson, Cunningham, Towns and Watt have all tasted the big time. Jimmy Stedders deserves his go. A load of quality players, plus one d00d who took 10 wickets @ 36 and hardly batted. Scratching head as we speak.

Edit: A royal "we" :blink: Losing touch with my roots...

Last edited: