• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Emerging Nations Cricket Thread

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Irfan Karim was the only one to build an innings. Surely an overhaul of team leadership ought to be looked at after this tournament, as soon as court cases are concluded. Also, the mid-innings break music on the ICC website is lit.

cnerd123

likes this
okay we won it in the end, thank god

4 wins 1 loss, still 2nd in the points table to Uganda but only by a point. All to play for in the 3rd Leg in Jersey, land of the dickheads.

Up next for Hong Kong - the WT20 Qualifiers!

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
okay we won it in the end, thank god

4 wins 1 loss, still 2nd in the points table to Uganda but only by a point. All to play for in the 3rd Leg in Jersey, land of the dickheads.

Up next for Hong Kong - the WT20 Qualifiers!
Still trying to wrap my head around how all this works.

cnerd123

likes this
Still trying to wrap my head around how all this works.
it's pretty complex tbf

1656385589477.png
We have 3 tiers of ODI cricket ATM

The ODI Super League - 13 teams, all the Full Members plus Netherlands

World Cricket League 2 - All the Top Associates who play each other. These also count as ODIs.

Challenge League - Groups A and B - this is where HK and Kenya are at. These games are only List A because the ICC are elitists snobs.

The top 2 teams from the Challenge League (ie, 1st in each group) will play against the bottom 4 teams in the World Cricket League 2 in a 'Qualifier Play-Off'. My understanding is that this tournament will also have ODI status at stake, I presume the Top 4 will become ODI / League 2 teams for the next round of qualifying while the Bottom 2 go down to the Challenge League, but this being the ICC all of that can change at a drop of a hat.

So once a team has topped the Challenge League they have to then top the Qualifier Play Off, and then they get into the proper World Cup Qualifier, which then leads to the ridiculous 10 team World Cup in 2023.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
it's pretty complex tbf

View attachment 32204
We have 3 tiers of ODI cricket ATM

The ODI Super League - 13 teams, all the Full Members plus Netherlands

World Cricket League 2 - All the Top Associates who play each other. These also count as ODIs.

Challenge League - Groups A and B - this is where HK and Kenya are at. These games are only List A because the ICC are elitists snobs.

The top 2 teams from the Challenge League (ie, 1st in each group) will play against the bottom 4 teams in the World Cricket League 2 in a 'Qualifier Play-Off'. My understanding is that this tournament will also have ODI status at stake, I presume the Top 4 will become ODI / League 2 teams for the next round of qualifying while the Bottom 2 go down to the Challenge League, but this being the ICC all of that can change at a drop of a hat.

So once a team has topped the Challenge League they have to then top the Qualifier Play Off, and then they get into the proper World Cup Qualifier, which then leads to the ridiculous 10 team World Cup in 2023.
Even this structure is getting scrapped after WC 2023 isn't it? Any idea on what is the new structure?

Canucketer

Cricket Spectator
Hey guys. Was wondering if anyone was aware of Canadian eligible players playing cricket overseas? (Canadian born or passport players, either is fine)

I'm writing an article on Canadian cricket, have heaps on the local scene but struggling to find much of eligible players outside of Canada (beyond Joshua Da Silva)

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Hey guys. Was wondering if anyone was aware of Canadian eligible players playing cricket overseas? (Canadian born or passport players, either is fine)

I'm writing an article on Canadian cricket, have heaps on the local scene but struggling to find much of eligible players outside of Canada (beyond Joshua Da Silva)

Any help would be hugely appreciated.
Assuming you already are aware of Matt Spoors, pretty sure he actually got a national callup not too long ago?

Canucketer

Cricket Spectator
Assuming you already are aware of Matt Spoors, pretty sure he actually got a national callup not too long ago?
I am, thanks man. Was actually the reason i started trying to write this article.

With the ease of travel between Australia, New Zealand, England and Canada i figured there'd probably be quite a few players with some kind of connection.

Either i was wrong or it's just hard to uncover them ?

There's some good young blokes like Matthew Nandu, Nicholas Kirkton, Abdul Haseeb who've represented Canada that are now playing elsewhere.

But these passport/heritage players seem to be in smaller supply

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Any ? Ian Billcliff is a new one for me. Thanks man
If you go back to the ICC Trophy side for Canada in 1979, there were a large number of West Indian born players in that side. Some of whom had played FC cricket in the West Indies - Garnet Brisbane, Glenroy Sealy, Bryan Mauricette.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
If you go back to the ICC Trophy side for Canada in 1979, there were a large number of West Indian born players in that side. Some of whom had played FC cricket in the West Indies - Garnet Brisbane, Glenroy Sealy, Bryan Mauricette.
Where is Anderson Cummins these days.

cnerd123

likes this
HK's long summer of cricket continues. Following this disappointing effort in the T20 WC Qualifiers, they will now proceed to Kent for more prep-tours, after which they head over to the Land Of ****s (aka Jersey) for the final leg of ICC Challenge League B.

The injury list is growing. Jamie Atkinson and Adit Gorawara are rule out, while Zeeshan Ali and Shahid Wasif are both apparently carrying niggles that prevent them from keeping. A few other players have had trips to the hospital while in Africa as well. The prep tours can't stop because it's either that or travelling back to HK for quarantine, so let's hope they don't pick up too many more bruises while over at Kent. With the T20 WC out of the question we must be at our best for Challenge League B. Also need to get revenge over Jerk-sey.

After that it's the Asia Cup Qualifiers, which are scheduled for Sri Lanka atm but who knows what will happen a month from now.