• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Emerging Nations Cricket Thread

cnerd123

likes this
Emerging Nations Asia Cup starts today

Hong Kong, Nepal and Oman up against 'emerging' teams from India, Pakistan, Bangladesh. Sri Lanka and Afghanistan. I believe the rule is all players barring four have to be U23s.

More info here:
EMERGING TEAMS ASIA CUP 2019

Live scores on Cricinfo too.

HK up against Bangladesh today. Soumya Sarkar, Najmul Hossain Shanto, Aminul Islam, Afif Hossain, Abu Hider, Zakir Hasan and the exciting Mohammad Naim all playing for BD, so it's a pretty strong team. They've also got two other Mehidy Hasans! There is Mahedi Hasan, the one PEWS confused Miraz with a few years ago back when the latter made his Test debut, and there is Mehedi Hasan Rana, a left-arm pace bowling allrounder.

HK have sent out a decent side too. Left-arm spinner Aftab Hussain and left-arm quick Mohsin Khan come in for Kyle Christie and Ghazanfer Mohammad, while overseas-based Cameron McAulsan and Wajid Shah Mohammad are brought in to bolster the batting in the place of Scott McKechnie, Waqas Barkat and Simandeep Singh. 15-year old offspinner Raunaq Kapur is on the tour as well. Will be interesting to see if he gets a game.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
46 year old Lameck Onyango back in team Kenya for the tour of Oman on the back of leading the local league in wickets taken. Maurice Odumbe sacked unceremoniously as coach. Team captain to be decided later.

cnerd123

likes this
Oman beat Sri Lanka Emerging Team yesterday, but bowled out for 153 by Afghanistan today.

Jatinder Singh in the form of him life. 133 vs SL, 72 today vs Afgh

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
India Emerging struggling slightly against HK at 177/5 after 35.

Bit confused though - the points table shows HK and India in different groups?

cnerd123

likes this
coverage of this tournament hasn't been great tbh. ACC and Cricinfo have been behind in tracking scores and stuff.

BD have come to win. They beat India and Sumon Khan has been excellent.

cnerd123

likes this
Leverock is smashing us. 56 off 33 (13 boundaries) and they're 75/1 in 10.5. The other two batsmen have managed 12 off 34 with 1 boundary. 7 extras.

cnerd123

likes this
Seems like a good batting deck, and that our bowling attack isn't experienced enough to adapt. Having a tough outing here. 191/4 with 14 to come.

Our batting is not that experienced either. If the track is flat, then chasing in the region of 270ish should be doable, but do we have enough batsmen capable of playing a long innings?

cnerd123

likes this
Man Nusrullah and Aizaz had an awful day. 115 in their 13 overs, versus 8/173 in 37 from our spinners. 21 wides overall is pretty dire too.

292 to win. Huge score. Nizakat and Kinchit might have to carry this chase. Althought we could do it with a good team effort - Bermuda had a HS of 63, by both Leverock and Manders, with a total of five batsmen crossing 20, plus the 25 extras.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Kenya scrapes their way to 210 all out, on the back of Irfan Karim's 71. It's up to old man Lameck and co to defend what I suspect may have been a below-par total

cnerd123

likes this
Awesome innings from Kinchit, well supported by Waqas and Nizakat. Thrilling game and a great win to kick off the campaign! Loving it

Also wtf Italy! Beating Kenya by 4 wickets. This and Uganda toppling Jersey are both big upsets. Forza Italia!

CrikCrak

Cricket Spectator
Ok, this is my first post ever.
It's 6 months that I watch cricket regularly.
Great by Italy, I watched the capt interview, he was surprised by the win. Smith scored a ton on debut.

cnerd123

likes this
Great to have you on board CrikCrak. Do you many members of the Italian side?

HK playing Jersey today. Should a good game. We narrowly beat them in the WT20Qs, so they'll be looking to avenge that + bounce back from their loss to Uganda. We can't take them lightly. But I do hope we smash 'em.

cnerd123

likes this
Kinchit is a proper hero. 2/36 and 116* vs Bermuda, and 8-0-28-3 right now vs Jersey

Been fantastic for HK these last two years.