• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Emerging Nations Cricket Thread

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Lol the graphic makes it look like this will be a tennis ball tournament played in whites.
I blame the people they are working with on the project. After all it is the same one where the commentators are asking live on air whether what they just saw was an lwb

cnerd123

likes this
If someone got paid to make that graphic then they ripped the organisers off. I could make a better poster in 15 minutes on canva.com

In other news today CHK broadcasted a cricket match between two ethnic-Chinese teams with Cantonese commentary:

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Anyone know anything about these Tadiwanashe Marumani Diyon miyers lads playing for Zimbabwe-A? Both under 20 and have made better then run a ball 80-90's against an SA attack that is borderline international standard.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Anyone know anything about these Tadiwanashe Marumani Diyon miyers lads playing for Zimbabwe-A? Both under 20 and have made better then run a ball 80-90's against an SA attack that is borderline international standard.
I didn't watch the game but it does seem like it was a very flat pitch.

Myers was Zimbabwe's captain at the U19 World Cup last year - very highly rated by the administration and strikes the ball well but did sod all in that tournament other than some pretty starts a quick 40 against Scotland (which I'm being generous in separating from "pretty starts"). Marumani opened the batting in that tournament and ended up Zimbabwe's highest run scorer but both his fifties were also against Scotland. Likes to carve through the off but doesn't move his feet much.

I'm not really convinced any of that crop of Under 19s will approach international standard other than Madhevere tbh. Good to see those two take a small step towards proving me wrong though.

Niall

International Coach
Standard enough Irish loss that,bowl first get the opposition in all sorts of trouble but allow the tail to get them to some sort of decent score , then chase and rely to much on Stirling and lose.

Ireland desperately need more batting than Stirling and Balbirnie, the rest are absolute village.

Porterfield. in 2021. FFS just recall Jeremy Bray. ?️‍♂

cnerd123

likes this
I wonder whose making money from all the ads

Cricheroes powered overlay, two cameras, bit of commentary. Decent viewership as well. Good effort.