• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Drafting thread

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
marc71178 said:
Surprisingly, nobody has gone for Sir Don.

Intrigued by the entry requesting 2005 Gillespie, Rikki Clarke and AA...
I assumed the others would take him. Geez, I'll have him!

edit: Isn't that a bit unfair, letting the others who haven't picked know that he's open?

Mister Wright

andyc said:
I assumed the others would take him. Geez, I'll have him!

edit: Isn't that a bit unfair, letting the others who haven't picked know that he's open?
Yes, would definitely disadvantage the person with first pick in the 2nd round, if nobody picked Bradman, I'm sure no-one will make that mistake now.

andyc

Mister Wright said:
Yes, would definitely disadvantage the person with first pick in the 2nd round, if nobody picked Bradman, I'm sure no-one will make that mistake now.
Yeah, but there are some who haven't made their first pick now, and so they would go straight for Bradman. I just think that's a bit unfair.

Mister Wright

andyc said:
Yeah, but there are some who haven't made their first pick now, and so they would go straight for Bradman. I just think that's a bit unfair.
Yeah, that's true. Maybe Bradman should be exepmt or have his figures modified like some bowlers are.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
If no one went for Bradman then someone must have stuffed up their email, well that person also forgot one name, so that would have been two mistakes.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Marc is definately having a laugh. I'm second on the drafting list, and Bradman was my first pick. I'd expect Hoggy to take him though, and that's the tradeoff. First guy gets Bradman if he wants him, but the second guy can take any other two players he likes... if you go down to the last person, they can pick a whole team, out of any test players ever bar the 20 or 30 who have gone.

Mister Wright

FaaipDeOiad said:
Marc is definately having a laugh. I'm second on the drafting list, and Bradman was my first pick. I'd expect Hoggy to take him though, and that's the tradeoff. First guy gets Bradman if he wants him, but the second guy can take any other two players he likes... if you go down to the last person, they can pick a whole team, out of any test players ever bar the 20 or 30 who have gone.

There won't be 20 or 30 gone in the first round. You only pick the amount equal to your postion just in case all the picks in front of you have been taken. You only get 1 player per round.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
I'm 4th on the list, but I put Bradman on top in case something strange happens with the 3 people above me :p

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Mister Wright said:
There won't be 20 or 30 gone in the first round. You only pick the amount equal to your postion just in case all the picks in front of you have been taken. You only get 1 player per round.
Right. That's sort of what I thought, but Jamee confused me when he responded to my earlier post into thinking it was the other way around. :p

Mister Wright

FaaipDeOiad said:
Right. That's sort of what I thought, but Jamee confused me when he responded to my earlier post into thinking it was the other way around. :p
Well, that was silly on your part... :p

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I've had 11 in - only missing Vic's - as a result I'll probably run it ths evening and then look at giving Vic a fair pick judging on what others have gone for.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Well for a start, I need to have access to the 11 selections, something that I currently don't owing to being in the office.