• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW XI in Pakistan and Bangladesh

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Once again I have put in a terrible performance. I must apologise o the team for such a poor performance and will work overtime at training to improve.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Like I've said before, I'd rather take 0/100 and win than 6/89 or whatever and win... nonetheless as it stands, it seems like I'll have to take 8/30 or something for us to win.

Is it time for Halsey to get a shot? It can't get any worse, can it?

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Neil Pickup said:
1) Like I've said before, I'd rather take 0/100 and win than 6/89 or whatever and win...

2) Is it time for Halsey to get a shot? It can't get any worse, can it?
1) You mean 6/89 and lose? :p

2) I hope so, but I'm happy just to be on the tour. But if I can play, then brilliant.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
haha not if you`re hit in the head...
cwXI need to put in a huge effort for the 3rd test... perhaps david jr needs a rest? let the selectors decide...

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Tom Halsey said:
1) You mean 6/89 and lose? :p

2) I hope so, but I'm happy just to be on the tour. But if I can play, then brilliant.
That I did mean.

And Dylan - only got yourself to blame :p

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
CW XI 3rd Test XI

Broncoman
Peter Young +
Rich_2001
Cloete
Eclipse
Blewy (C)
Jason Toogood
Tom Halsey
Mr Ponting
David Jr.
Neil Pickup

12th man: Marc71178

Debut: Tom Halsey

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Broncoman
Peter Young +
Rich_2001
Cloete
Eclipse
Blewy (C)
Jason Toogood
Tom Halsey
Mr Ponting
David Jr.
Neil Pickup

12th man: Marc71178

Debut: Tom Halsey
Congratulations Tom.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Thanks! :D:D

To be hinest, I would have been happy even not playing a game, but this just makes it a whole lot happier...

Simon

im happy to be picked again, i thought i batted quite well in the 2nd test, but got out to a couple of good balls. hopefully i can keep them out and hit a big ton in tis match.

lets get em team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr Mxyzptlk

Headline - Gutsy CW XI fall tantalizingly short

The CW XI fell short by just 28 runs in chasing a massive 471 for a series-levelling win against Pakistan in 3rd and final Test at Lahore. The batsmen tried their utmost and took the attack to the Pakistani bowlers, but alas, it was too much. A moment about as devastating as the World Cup final.

The series ends 2-0, but aside from the 1st Test debacle, the CW XI definitely gave a strong showing of heart if nothing else.

CW XI v Pakistan - 3rd Test at Lahore

Pakistan 308 & 417/8d
Cricket Web XI 255 & 442

Pakistan won by 28 runs

Man of the match: Yasir Hameed

Attachments

Mr Mxyzptlk

How OUT:

1st
Broncoman - loose flash outside offstump.
Peter Young - edged cut.
Rich_2001 - poor decision - inside edge.
Cloete - edged cut.
Eclipse - beaten by swing.
Blewy - beaten by pace.
Jason Toogood - cutting straight to point.
Tom Halsey - edging a drive to first slip.
Mr Ponting - missing a sweep.
David Jr - not out.
Neil Pickup - edging an arm ball.

2nd
Broncoman - ball hit back at bowler and deflected on to the stumps.
Peter Young - missed sweep.
Rich_2001 - leg stick knocked back.
Cloete - poor decision - short ball off arm and taken by the 'keeper.
Eclipse - followed a quick wide one.
Blewy - missed an inswinger.
Jason Toogood - edged a beauty.
Tom Halsey - drove too early at a slower one, caught at short cover.
Mr Ponting - hit on the toe by a yorker.
David Jr - top-edged pull.
Neil Pickup - not out.

Cloete

International Captain
OMG!! 99!!!! damn right it was a poor decision... i'm getting out way too often in the 90's. I was very, very happy with my bowling considering we were playing 2 frontline spinners. Halsey and Neil both did well in the first innings (particularly Halsey) but in teh second innings my 3/28 was alot better than both... very happy with my best ever career test bowling figures!!

Overall we were sooo unlucky. Our bowlers did brilliantly in the first innings but just letting us down again in the second. Great effort for the whole match by our batsman.. which is a very good sign with just about every batsman in a bit of form.

Personally I think i did very well again. 33, 3/28 and 99 I'm very happy with. However I have to blame myself for not guiding the team to victory, being an experienced batsman I really should have converted it into a ton and pushed on for the win while being not out, or atleast all but bringing us home.