• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Cricketweb XI in New Zealand December/January

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The new board of the Cricketweb XI has today finalised details with New Zealand Cricket for the upcoming tour of their country. It will be the first overseas tour for Cricketweb XI in nearly a year after backroom issues had clouded the future of this tiny nation. New chairman; former test opening batsman Simon Fitzsimmons said it will be an exciting tour for the team with a number of new faces expected to be picked given the number of players unavailable.

The new national selection panel was also announced today, it too will be chaired by Fitzsimmons while skipper Neil Pickup and existing member Travis Demeza retain their spots. Two new faces will complete the team, they are Kyle Wright and Heath Davis.

The squad for the tour is expected to be named on Monday morning.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Schedule for the Tour of New Zealand

Test/First Class
17th Dec: 3 Day Tour match vs New Zealand Invitational XI @ Auckland
20th Dec: 1st Test vs New Zealand @ Dunedin
22nd Dec: 3 Day Tour match vs Northern Districts @ Hamilton
24th Dec: 2nd Test vs New Zealand @ Napier
28th Dec: 3rd Test vs New Zealand @ Auckland

One Day/List A/T20
1st Jan: One Day Tour Match vs Wellington @ Wellington
3rd Jan: Only T20 Int vs New Zealand @ Wellington
5th Jan: 1st ODI vs New Zealand @ Christchurch
7th Jan: 2nd ODI vs New Zealand @ Hamilton
8th Jan: 3rd ODI vs New Zealand @ Dunedin

Last edited:

99*

International Debutant
A test in Auckland? What an outrageous idea. :ph34r:

Should be a good tour to get CW back on the map, thrashing the Kiwi's.

Quietly hoping to get a shock selection in the ODI side, what with my average of 82 in List-A cricket. :ph34r:

cpr

International Coach
Tour faces players backlash??

CW board faced unexpected criticism today from players for arranging a tour despite clouds still hanging over the domestic competition.

'Its a disgrace' one unamed, and almost certainly uncapped, player raged 'jobs for the boys innit? Theres still no confirmation of when, or who, will start the new season, our Greens may be disbanded if we dont find another 67 players, yet the CWCB are lining their pockets with an oversea's tour whilst some of us still have to do menial jobs to pay the rent. So who's gonna be selected then? Which players are in form? Only time i've swung me bat in a year is at an intruder who tried to nick me tele. Nah its gonna be those already capped, and living nicely off their sponsership deals who'll play. Lookin after their own up top arnt they, rather than sorting out us who keep the system workin'

There was also accusations of bias leveled at the CWCB
'So yeah, clearly they can select a touring party despite no-one playing for a year! Makes you wonder if they've ever thought of giving other players a chance. Gonna need a crackin season just to make a dent in their preconceptions. FFS i've heard one of the bowlers has put on 8 stone, yet I bet he'll still be selected. Why not wait untill everyones had a chance to play and show who's in good nick? At least if it IS still the old boys, least they'll have some match practise before a tour. Honestly this nation is goi...... OI Corrin, get your ****ing dog off my lawn!!! I'll give ya 251 of these you little ****, you'll be ****ing out when i've finished with ya. *****'

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good stuff, can't wait to get back into the swing of things and tear through the NZ ODI batting lineup.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Tour faces players backlash??

CW board faced unexpected criticism today from players for arranging a tour despite clouds still hanging over the domestic competition.

'Its a disgrace' one unamed, and almost certainly uncapped, player raged 'jobs for the boys innit? Theres still no confirmation of when, or who, will start the new season, our Greens may be disbanded if we dont find another 67 players, yet the CWCB are lining their pockets with an oversea's tour whilst some of us still have to do menial jobs to pay the rent. So who's gonna be selected then? Which players are in form? Only time i've swung me bat in a year is at an intruder who tried to nick me tele. Nah its gonna be those already capped, and living nicely off their sponsership deals who'll play. Lookin after their own up top arnt they, rather than sorting out us who keep the system workin'

There was also accusations of bias leveled at the CWCB
'So yeah, clearly they can select a touring party despite no-one playing for a year! Makes you wonder if they've ever thought of giving other players a chance. Gonna need a crackin season just to make a dent in their preconceptions. FFS i've heard one of the bowlers has put on 8 stone, yet I bet he'll still be selected. Why not wait untill everyones had a chance to play and show who's in good nick? At least if it IS still the old boys, least they'll have some match practise before a tour. Honestly this nation is goi...... OI Corrin, get your ****ing dog off my lawn!!! I'll give ya 251 of these you little ****, you'll be ****ing out when i've finished with ya. *****'
:laugh:

FTR I fully expect to be selected based on my A team heroics in the offseason :ph34r:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Martyn Corrin is not available at the moment. Please leave a message after the beep.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Which bowlers will feature? MacClaggan St, Dewayne Bowden and Mark Houghton one hopes.

Last edited: