• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

** Official Cricketweb Horseracing thread **

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just watching replays of today's Taupo races. **** I wish I could have gone down there today. Those races were won by horses with so much talent and potential. Fantastic day's racing. Think a future Group 1 winner or two graced that Taupo turf this afternoon (particularly impressed by He's Remarkable, Rockandready, Rockburn, Sworn To Secrecy, Grande Rosso... ****, all of them).

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Surprised this is so inactive with the Spring Carnival underway. So You Think basically a certainty in the Cox Plate next weekend at $1.70 after his big win in the Yalumba. I'm on Wall Street (an NZ horse actually) each way at $31, just hoping for a place really.

I've also heard good things about Americain in the Melbourne Cup.

_Ed_

Wall Street's a superb miler. Just question him at 2040m against a field of that class.

Look out for Katie Lee in Melbourne. She's running in an undercard race on Cox Plate day (she'll win that easily), and then the G1 Myer Classic. Best NZ thoroughbred we've sent over there since Sunline, IMO.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Wall Street's a superb miler. Just question him at 2040m against a field of that class.

Look out for Katie Lee in Melbourne. She's running in an undercard race on Cox Plate day (she'll win that easily), and then the G1 Myer Classic. Best NZ thoroughbred we've sent over there since Sunline, IMO.
Big call. I'll definitely have a look. I've got $10 on the place on Pinker Pinker tomorrow in the Thousand Guineas - we'll see.

_Ed_

It sounds like a big call, but it's been pretty lean for NZ since Sunline. The only G1 winners we've had in Sydney or Melbourne since she retired, IIRC, are Miss Potential, Honor Babe, Victory Smile, Nom du Jeu and Monaco Consul. All fair horses, but nothing really outstanding.

Bobisback

International Regular
Cox plate is going to be awesome. So You Think, so awesome, so hard to beat. More Joyous is probably the only horse can go close, just seems to do enough to win. Going to be a great battle.

As for the Caulfield Cup this weekend, im going for Dariana.

_Ed_

He's the only reason that a really **** Australian horse won the Karaka Million this year.

_Ed_

Apparently the MV track was a Dead 4 at 9:30am. What's the weather like in Melbourne today?

Hoping for a good track so Katie can show the Aussies what she's capable of. Look out.

_Ed_

Amazing horse.

**** Katie Lee ran a bad race just then. Worst of her life. Gutted.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Was far too slow getting off the fence, but she never kicked on anyway. And thanks to a scratching, I ended up with her anchored on my quaddie. ****'s sake.

_Ed_

That sucks. :(

The track may have been a bit damper than she likes, but that's not really an excuse. Her class should have at least taken her close to beating that bunch today. Hope she's back at her best in the Myer.

Firebolt and Wall Street both flopped badly as well. Lion Tamer was the only NZ horse to do us proud today - he was ridden upside down but still ran his heart out for an excellent second in the Vase.

_Ed_

Indeed it is. Fantastic stuff.

The same could be said about He's Remarkable. A ****ing incredible talent. His 2000 Guineas odds have been slashed down to $2.50, but on today's win, that's entirely justified.