• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** County Cricket 2016

Howe_zat

Audio File
If Yorkshire do pull this one off then it's because they took a 130 run lead in a crucial winner take all match

That's the sort of thing that gives you a bit of leg room

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
8 an over from here, not going to be easy. Not impossible either though.

**** it, I'm not staying up for this ****.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
I'd have kept Rayner going. 3 or so round the bat and 2/3 on the boundary. He's the guy that could take 3 or 4 wickets cheaply caught on the boundary/stumped etc but also concede some runs. You need to keep Yorkshire interested in the chase whilst you take the wickets so they keep going for it.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I'd have kept Rayner going. 3 or so round the bat and 2/3 on the boundary. He's the guy that could take 3 or 4 wickets cheaply caught on the boundary/stumped etc but also concede some runs. You need to keep Yorkshire interested in the chase whilst you take the wickets so they keep going for it.
In what scenario would they not go for it?

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
If Yorkshire do pull this one off then it's because they took a 130 run lead in a crucial winner take all match

That's the sort of thing that gives you a bit of leg room
And if they do win, they'll deserve it for all sorts of reasons.

But we'll have to agree to differ about how generous 240 off 40 is.

Howe_zat

Audio File
And if they do win, they'll deserve it for all sorts of reasons.

But we'll have to agree to differ about how generous 240 off 40 is.
Definitely not an ideal declaration for Middlesex, but that's the hand they were dealt.

~

Still 9 an over needed with this short batting lineup. This partnership giving us a decent shot but as soon as it breaks there's not much to come

Last edited:

Compton

International Debutant
I'm not sure what everyone expected Middlesex to do. They have to try and win, don't they? What sense would batting on have been?

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
tbh I'm just pissed off at how crap Finn still is. And I would like Somerset to win the thing, even if Yorkshire probably deserve it overall.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Middlesex's declaration was more of a dangle of the carrot you expect in the middle of the season, not when the opposition have to win to win the Championship. Forcing them to go at a higher rate means they have to take more risk, and therefore increases the chances of taking wickets.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well that was quite a big decision, not out for me without the replay.

Edit, nah wrong, certainly not a shocker, and if your whipping a ball on middle-stump to leg-side you can't complain when you miss.

Last edited: