• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*official breaking* peter siddle retires *breaking news*

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
News breaking, Peter Siddle is done, he retired, he's gone. Sorry NUFAN. Big news.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mods, in a rare moment of initiative, please merge my thread into this one of Gnske’s.

Burgey

I’m sorry. I was just so utterly devastated I immediately posted the new thread in pure shock.

Spikey

fitting that Burgey was too slow in making a thread about Peter Siddle, who retries with a bowling average above 30

Gnske

Mods, please allow 67 threads to exist on this topic in honouring the amount of tests Psid played, he's dead. #RIP

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
There is something fitting about Peter Matthew Siddle retiring today. It is of course David Boons birthday.

Siddle really was the ultimate team man, throughout his entire career when he got to do what he did best, lead the attack he averaged an incredible 17.62.

Siddle started his Test career with a bang, dismissing the great Sachin Tendulkar and he ended it fittingly, an Ashes winner, taking Buttlers wicket, his 221st.

Perhaps Spark was right. The recent Big Bash game where Siddle suffered lung discomfort may have cost him 4 years/125 test wickets.

Ill never forget the Ashes hattrick, no one will. I will always remember the twin 50s, a performance filled with fantasy and imagination. We will all remember his heart.

What next for Peter? Modelling, BBL champ, Fox Commentator, animal activist, RSPCA ambassador, wood chopper? The opportunities are endless. What a career.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
There is something fitting about Peter Matthew Siddle retiring today. It is of course David Boons birthday.

Siddle really was the ultimate team man, throughout his entire career when he got to do what he did best, lead the attack he averaged an incredible 17.62.

Siddle started his Test career with a bang, dismissing the great Sachin Tendulkar and he ended it fittingly, an Ashes winner, taking Buttlers wicket, his 221st.

Perhaps Spark was right. The recent Big Bash game where Siddle suffered lung discomfort may have cost him 4 years/125 test wickets.

Ill never forget the Ashes hattrick, no one will. I will always remember the twin 50s, a performance filled with fantasy and imagination. We will all remember his heart.

What next for Peter? Modelling, BBL champ, Fox Commentator, animal activist, RSPCA ambassador, wood chopper? The opportunities are endless. What a career.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
PeterSiddlePeterSiddlePeterSiddlePeterSiddlePeterS iddle

Im thinking about doing a nice tribute putting all of Siddles wickets in a post. James, please create a banana background.

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

I agree with Gnske we should keep both threads going. It will take Aus cricket decades to recover from this

Gnske

This is actually beautiful.

Him bowling his guts out in 2012 at Adelaide on a pitch that scared Vernon away speaks volumes.

stephen

He was a fine bowler for a short period, even if his tenure marked one of the worst fast bowling periods for Australia, with 3 first change bowlers in Hilfenhaus, Siddle and Johnson.