• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Big Bash League 2019/20

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haris Rauf will be playing in the place of Dale Steyn for the Stars tomorrow after the latter was injured.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Sad that Steyn is injured, but considering his last 4 years or so I I can't be too shocked. Hopefully it's just a management/cotton wool type situation and not something more serious.

Rauf seems a left field choice, from what little I've seen he has a fair bit of pace but can spray it around sometimes

Starfighter

I suppose you gotta replace an overseas fast bowler with another one. Rauf is an interesting bowler and I'll be looking forward to seeing him, although he might find playing here a bit more challenging.

mr_mister

I've heard Ponting use the term All time great a few times on comms before. He just described Steyn as one

Is ATG a term coined by CW?

Spark

Global Moderator
This has been impressively un-Thunder like from the Thunder. Khawaja and Hales is a very balanced opening pair IMO.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bill used to use it in comms a lot. “One of the all time great innings/ spells/ players.”

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
lol too high

This has been impressively un-Thunder like from the Thunder. Khawaja and Hales is a very balanced opening pair IMO.
interesting tactic from hales. barely face a ball and struggle to hit it off the pitch, and then bat like a dream when usman gets out

Spark

Global Moderator
lol too high

interesting tactic from hales. barely face a ball and struggle to hit it off the pitch, and then bat like a dream when usman gets out
Works though. Khawaja is ace in the powerplay when he can hit fours through gaps which lets Hales gets set, and then it doesn't matter where the fielders are.

Spark

Global Moderator
Was worried there hadn't been enough classic BBL fielding so far, but the Renegades are rectifying that