• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Big Bash League 2012/13

Spark

Global Moderator
blizz
quiney
prince
norf (wtf)
cooper (six feet of rope, please)
wright
moises
hads
putland
starc
beer
ncn

i must have clicked the "auto-select" button and just swapped a few out for fun, because some of those are just

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I did. But he comes in for Handscomb. Finch was a last minute trade (once I realised keeping Gayle was stupid and I could just trade Finch for Gayle next week) and he was placed on the bench, while I thought he would just replace Gayle in the starting line-up. No real harm done.

Thunder vs Sixers

Scott Coyte, Chris Tremain and Sean Abbott are all raring to have a crack at their cross-town neighbours.
Scott Coyte has not been picked. BURN.

Anyway. Let's try to pick the Thunder team! A task beyond most human beings imo...

Rogers
Guptill
Cosgrove
Mahmood
Lockyear
6. Carters
Abbott
Sandhu
Doran
Tremain
Nannes

that's a long tail and means picking every bowler named in the squad while two batsmen are left over so that probably won't happen...So Sandhu/Tremain will probably go out for Borgas and then they hope Abbott, Doran, Nannes, Sandhu/Tremain & Mahmood cover most of the overs. Cosgrove is the 6th bowling option and from there...Guptill? Can Guptill Bowl? Lockyear must be Able To Bowl surely? He's got nothing else on his plate....anyway, Usman can stay in Canberra.

Sydney Sixers have been bros and picked the starting 11 already:

Sydney Sixers ‏@SixersBBL

Team: Haddin ©, Feldman, Henriques, Lee, Maddinson, Mendis, O'Keefe, S. Smith, Starc, Thornely, Warner. Lalor 12th, D. Smith 13th

Luke Feldman living the dream.

Last edited:

Spikey

Lumb doesn't come over until like game 4 or 5 or something iirc. Got picked for the England T20 squad so it's related to that (I assume)

Spikey

actually picking the batting line-up

Haddin
Warner
Maddinson
Smith
Moz
Mendis (PEWS where should Mendis bat)
SOK
Thornely
Lee
Starc
Feldman

Thornely probably a bit lucky. Must be part of Lee's contract that Super Dom gets a game or two. Although I guess Lalor and Smith are 12th and 13th man

Spikey

i'm gagging for some ian moran action itbt

edit

once starc goes away, Sixers are really light on pace options. they're gonna have to through the supp lists and pick up someone.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
actually picking the batting line-up

Haddin
Warner
Maddinson
Smith
Moz
Mendis (PEWS where should Mendis bat)
SOK
Thornely
Lee
Starc
Feldman

Thornely probably a bit lucky. Must be part of Lee's contract that Super Dom gets a game or two. Although I guess Lalor and Smith are 12th and 13th man
That's about right for Mendis, depends what's needed when we get down to 5 or so really. Definitely somewhere below Moz and above Lee.

All the allrounders in the side basically give us a free player as such, and I guess Dom is it. If we're going to have someone bat eight and not bowl I'd definitely rather it be him than anyone else though. :p