• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***OFFICIAL*** BBL | 06 Thread

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Finals was too high profile to influence, ended up in a one sided affair #justdanthoughts

TheJediBrah

Pietersen fined A$5000 for calling umpiring decision a 'shocker'. Like with McCullum's 1 match ban for a slower overrate, these guys are mic'ed up on air and then punished. Aren't channel 10 partly responsible for both?

Kevin Pietersen fined for calling umpire's decision 'shocker' on air | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo
Another disgrace. BBL and channel 10 really treat their high-profile players like ****.

Really leaves a sour taste in the mouth.

This is going to destroy any point of having players miked up in future. Everyone too scared to say anything even remotely interesting. Might as well just dispense with the idea all together. While we're at it just get rid of all overseas players so they don't have anyone to ban for slow over rates, tell them not to come back because they're ***ist or fine them for being honest when asked a direct question on air.

**** it all

Last edited:

Spikey

you'd think a 10 year international career would have meant KP knew when to let one go through to the keeper but hey

Daemon

I'd argue his long and illustrious career is part of the reason he smashed it out the park

91Jmay

International Coach
Asking KP a contentious question then being surprised you get a stupid answer is pretty befuddling to say the least

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Don't think channel 10 did anything wrong here. CA are fining him. Channel 10 just asked him a question as the broadcaster. They weren't befuddled with the answer, they are completely separate to CA.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah AWTA. Pietersen's fault for being given the privilege of having his voice aired and choosing to be a moaning wanker live about the decision.

stephen

To be fair to him, he was 100% accurate in his assessment of the situation.

I hate that he's being punished for this but I understand it. Can't have kids go around disrespecting umpires because "KP did it".

TheJediBrah

Yeah AWTA. Pietersen's fault for being given the privilege of having his voice aired and choosing to be a moaning wanker live about the decision.
No I don't see it like that at all. Saying it's a "shocker" shouldn't be that controversial. It's not like he went on and on saying "this umpire is complete ****, he's hopeless, what a tosser".

If you're not aloud to call a bad decision a bad decision then what's the point of even mike-ing these guys up at all. You'll just get boring pointless answers. "Oh yeah that's the game of cricket blah blah how the game goes etc"

edit: *allowed, obviously

Last edited:

Gnske

If you're not aloud to moan and whine about decisions why do they give mics to people with the clear intent on providing insight on strategies, current match situations and anything that would actually appeal to the viewer
??????

GirtBySea

U19 12th Man
Leave the players alone...Channel 10. I say this as a fan. Waiting for a miked player to tell them to **** off and let me concentrate on what's happening here. Too bad George Bailey is too nice for that!

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
It certainly seems calculated the lack of reply from KP on the issue of Lehmann and commenting on the umpire. His options are limited these days with IPL teams unwilling to pay him a lot. He couldn't really afford to upset people in Australia and run the risk of not being picked up next year in the Big bash. I think under normal circumstances Lehmann would have got both barrels back from KP and he'd have ****ted some more on cricket australia.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Leave the players alone...Channel 10. I say this as a fan. Waiting for a miked player to tell them to **** off and let me concentrate on what's happening here. Too bad George Bailey is too nice for that!
They can tell Channel 10 that. But they can also get paid a bucket load less. Their choice.

If you want the dollars, the crowds and all that goes with the hit and giggle, you have to also join in. That involves being interviewed right after you get out, being mic'd up etc.