• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh Tour of West Indies (& Guyana) 2022

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Btw what's your take on Reifer at 3? I'm still not buying it.
It worked when he was batting for the Pride...I think Kraigg prefer to bat with him and they form quite a decent pairing...I'll give him a few more innings, not calling it an experiment.

For me, it's Joshua who should be batting at 3 (I know it's radical.)

SillyCowCorner1

Josh at 8 is mad tbh.
It seems like they have made up their minds about him batting with the tail. Do I want this for a young batsman like him? No. He should be right up there at the top honing his skills and perfecting them...bat long, crafting an innings.

SillyCowCorner1

We're bowling first. Conditions would have dictated the dropping of Motie. Anderson Phillip is making his debut.

For Bangladesh, no Mominul and Fizz...Bijoy and Shoriful are their replacements.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
After seeing this match has started and that WI has 4xRFM and 1xRM bowlers, I turn it on to see Seales bowling non-swinging filth down the leg side.

137 km/h from Roach, bit quicker than he's usually bowled these days.

SillyCowCorner1

After seeing this match has started and that WI has 4xRFM and 1xRM bowlers, I turn it on to see Seales bowling non-swinging filth down the leg side.

137 km/h from Roach, bit quicker than he's usually bowled these days.
Roach's already hit Tamim high on the bat with a ball that reared up awkwardly (it was pitched on a good length but the ball extracted some more bounce than was expected.)

SillyCowCorner1

There is definitely variable bounce on this wicket. Batting first might be a good thing after all. Bangladesh needs to weather the initial storm and dig in...runs are gonna come.

Aritro

International Regular
There is definitely variable bounce on this wicket. Batting first might be a good thing after all. Bangladesh needs to weather the initial storm and dig in...runs are gonna come.
Why would runs come on a greentop with four West Indian fast bowlers and variable bounce?

Tamim needs to stop trying to help the opposition by playing away from his body all the time.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I must say it doesn't immediately strike me as a bowl-first wicket. I'm guessing it's expected to flatten out? Certainly doesn't look that grassy on the less-than-stellar quality of the live the stream. Heck of a lot of cracks though.

Somehow I can see Mayers causing trouble here again, someone who doesn't come onto the bat as much.

SillyCowCorner1

Why would runs come on a greentop with four West Indian fast bowlers and variable bounce?

Tamim needs to stop trying to help the opposition by playing away from his body all the time.
I was being wholly optimistic. I mentioned 'digging in'...I love a good fightback. The test cricket way.

Aritro

International Regular
I was being wholly optimistic. I mentioned 'digging in'...I love a good fightback. The test cricket way.
Fair. I wasn't being snarky, just can't see these ****s making any runs.

We've got 15 runs and 6.5 overs out of the opening pair, so at the very least my genuine fear we'd challenge the all time lowest score looks like it's been avoided.

Also this **** needs to put his finger in his pocket for a while. Those were two gruesome decisions.

^and yeah the opening pair are still in.

SillyCowCorner1

I must say it doesn't immediately strike me as a bowl-first wicket. I'm guessing it's expected to flatten out? Certainly doesn't look that grassy on the less-than-stellar quality of the live the stream. Heck of a lot of cracks though.

Somehow I can see Mayers causing trouble here again, someone who doesn't come onto the bat as much.
I believe the average 1st innings score at this venue is 250-ish. Not high scoring by any stretch of the imagination.

Yeah, Mayers is the wild card.