• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Bangladesh in the West Indies

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm looking forward to seeing how it pans out at St Lucia, a pitch with pace and bounce. I fear for Bangladesh as I don't see how their attack will take wickets in those conditions if they couldn't here. Also I can see Roach taking a big haul as those edges will carry.
Interesting, interesting.

I recall even Prince EWS was lured into a small stakes bet on Gabriel, back in June. He's not really a player you'd feel too good about losing money on, but $5.50 is tempting.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Interesting, interesting.

I recall even Prince EWS was lured into a small stakes bet on Gabriel, back in June. He's not really a player you'd feel too good about losing money on, but $5.50 is tempting.
I did win money on that market anyway IIRC. :p

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
You'd quite like Brathwaite at $2.00 for top 3 runscorers though, right? The conscientious grinder of minnows he shapes to be.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year

Ah, this is the market I want. Laying down massive stakes on Shannon Gabriel's thunderbolts, oh yeah. :p

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
You'd quite like Brathwaite at $2.00 for top 3 runscorers though, right? The conscientious grinder of minnows he shapes to be.
I dunno; I think I'd take the bigger odds for him to outright top runscorer if I was going to bet on him. His game is based on unwavering concentration and a metronomic repetition of his processes more than anything else; if he gets in then he'll always go big against minnows but he could still get out early early. I don't think the chance of him being #2 or #3 is worth the reduction in odds; if he doesn't top score it probably means he's failed altogether.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Mominul for MotM seems overpriced -- if the WI spread everything around (lots of 60s and 3/50s), then a Mominul ton could snag him the award in a loss.

It's not likely, obvs, but at $34.00 alongside Al-Amin Hossain, he seems to be value IMO.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Mahmudullah probably has the most opportunity at that price, batting five and being a frontline bowler. But for all his awesomeness he's a weird **** so I don't think I'd bother.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, but Marmadoola is nowhere near as good in either discipline (or in both combined) as Mominul is with the bat.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
"You cannot save a Test match by scoring 70s or 80s. I made a hundred in the first Test but that still didn't matter in the end. The main target should be to get set and ensure that the innings should be 100 to 150. I am hoping for that to happen."
Pretty ambitious quote from Mushfiqur. I mean, has he looked at his teammates?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Haha yeah. That's more realistic.

I don't think he's identified the issue with his side though. 70s and 80s are good and if a couple of batsman make those scores, the team total is likely to be decent. No one from Bangladesh are making 70s and 80s though.

a massive zebra

International Captain
Imrul Kayes is very unwell with a potentially serious disease:

???? ??????? ?????? ?????

Google translate translation:

Did not play a big innings in the second Test at St. Vincent Imrul Kayes was a good start. St. Lucia is one of the tests he had a chance. But suddenly falling ill and it is not now.

According to the Bangladesh team, left-hander Imrul Kayes was suddenly attacked vinyl skin. Occurred outside of the blotchy. St. Vincent has not changed very much after the show two doctors. Grounds that he did on the last day of the first Test Imrul. At the team management decided to send him as soon as possible, it was reported in the country.

Tomorrow morning from St. Vincent St. Lusia team reached Bangladesh. Imrul team is. St. Lucia on Saturday before the start of the test was left to go on Imrul. Imrul less time will not bring someone new to the country as an alternative.

A later update:

At first it was just the affected skin will be sent Imrul kayes quickly. But the team management changed the moment decision. Imrul the outside is red and swollen. May be due to infection or other skin allergies. Watched him the last two days by two doctors. But the left-handed batsman's condition did not improve. Sent to the country at the airport again on suspicion of virus ebola having trouble! So wait for his development officials seeking. After a couple of days more to improve the physical condition of Imrul will be sent to Dhaka, 13 or 15 September. She said it is not playing in the second Test. Medical monitoring is kept separately by the team hotel.

Last edited:

Energetic

U19 Cricketer
Bangladesh's bowling attack is very ordinary. Looks like it is of club-level standard from what I've seen yesterday. Their pacers average something in the 60s, 70s, 80s... lol

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I dunno; I think I'd take the bigger odds for him to outright top runscorer if I was going to bet on him. His game is based on unwavering concentration and a metronomic repetition of his processes more than anything else; if he gets in then he'll always go big against minnows but he could still get out early early. I don't think the chance of him being #2 or #3 is worth the reduction in odds; if he doesn't top score it probably means he's failed altogether.
Hope you didn't listen to me. :p