• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh in South Africa 2022

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Just heard a comment regards Markams bowling being some sort of cover for Parnells injury....

....that that is even a possibility of a statement is terrifying to me, both Markrams bowling and Parnell even playing today.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Far better player than that...
I wasn't saying Ngam was no good, not at all, looked a very good bowler but unfortunately injuries prevented him from ever truly living up to his enormous promise

But exactly the same can be said of Cameron though

Anyway,was somewhat surprised Afif is still only 22. feels like he has been around longer than that

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I wasn't saying Ngam was no good, not at all, looked a very good bowler but unfortunately injuries prevented him from ever truly living up to his enormous promise

But exactly the same can be said of Cameron though

Anyway,was somewhat surprised Afif is still only 22. feels like he has been around longer than that
Yeah Mark Cameron was basically James Pattinson except even more injury-prone.

akilana

International 12th Man
That hope has died... they need to send him back down, pick some other youngsters and maybe come back to him in 18 months, if he has sorted himself out. Considering how quickly they dropped Hamza, Markram been given plenty of opportunity.
That’s because Markram had an amazing first test season and still has a better test record than Bavuma. It’s hard to drop him and keep picking up a failure like Bavuma. His ceiling is higher than anybody in the side if he figures it out again. They didn’t give the same opportunities to Van Zyl, Theunis de Bruyn etc for the same reason.

Bahseph

State Captain
Parnell coming back into the side is an indictment on Phelukwayo's lack of growth since he debuted and the selectors not fully committing to Mulder as the pace bowling allrounder(granted he has to do more at List A level to ease some doubts),or Linde as a spinning allrounder. How many SA fans would be more comfortable with Linde coming in at 7 than Parnell or Lucky in an LO game. I'm definitely one. Heck at this point I'd get Hulk in at 7. Atleast you know what you are getting with him and he was excellent in the WT20 bowling at the death.

Bavuma was decent for someone who never bowled in ODIs before. It would greatly help the team if he can get through 3 or 4 overs regularly. His mediums looked better than AB or Behardiens and they both went through periods of bowling a chunk of the fifth bowler quota.

Edit: Linde suffers from being too similar to Keshav. That is a huge factor.