• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh in South Africa 2022

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Well that was a drubbing...

SA team (and squad) is working great as a unit even if there is no obvious super stars yet. I must say that Maharaj has really stepped up as a leader in the team. With his bowling, improved batting and just his general demeanor.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
SA will play its tests vs England late in the season (Aug/Sept). I wonder if they'll try the 2 spinners as England's batters (sans Root) are poor against spin and Harmer's county nos are so good.

Bahseph

State Captain
At work and saw Zondo being listed as a debutant on Cricinfo and I was very confused. Really hope he gets a gig at some point because it would be an awful way to have a "Test Career".

Well done to the boys. I'm happy seeing Rickelton and Petersen around instead of Rassie and Markram. What a boost to have Harmer into the fold! Two proper spinners.

Marius

International Debutant
At work and saw Zondo being listed as a debutant on Cricinfo and I was very confused. Really hope he gets a gig at some point because it would be an awful way to have a "Test Career".

Well done to the boys. I'm happy seeing Rickelton and Petersen around instead of Rassie and Markram. What a boost to have Harmer into the fold! Two proper spinners.
I think Rickelton should keep his place when Rassie comes back, I think his international future is in white ball stuff.

I think Markram still has a Test career in him but he needs to go make runs for fun in domestic cricket again before playing another Test.

Dendarii

International Debutant
I know it was all done according to the COVID protocol, but it seems a little silly invoke that with the game almost wrapped up. It would have made more sense just to bring him and Stuurman on as substitute fielders.

GRAB

First Class Debutant
I think Rickelton should keep his place when Rassie comes back, I think his international future is in white ball stuff.

I think Markram still has a Test career in him but he needs to go make runs for fun in domestic cricket again before playing another Test.
Tentative agree re vd Dussen, mostly because we need to spread our large talent pool better over 3 formats.

Bolo.

International Vice-Captain
Not sure, but I think the previous test may have been the first time in 120+ years a team has been knocked over by a side bowling only 2 spinners in an innings.

And RSA, in RSA, did it in back to back matches. Weird stuff.

Aritro

International Regular
Did Bangers play their best bowlers, irrespective of style, this series?
We were missing a first choice quick in the first test and two were injured for the second test, but we only picked two for that one. Shakib also missed both games.

To be fair, Khaled Ahmed the replacement turned out to be the best of the quicks anyway.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
The best BD attack right now is 5 out of Taskin, Shoriful, Khaled Ahmed, Shakib, Mehedi and Taijul? Not a bad attack actually.

BD's loss this series is due to batting more than bowling.

ataraxia

International Coach
The best BD attack right now is 5 out of Taskin, Shoriful, Khaled Ahmed, Shakib, Mehedi and Taijul? Not a bad attack actually.

BD's loss this series is due to batting more than bowling.
I don't think, going around the big 9, there really is a bad attack (if Bangladesh counts as a good one). Australia, India, NZ have especially stupid depth.

Aritro

International Regular
Yeah those three quicks are really all are much better than Ebadot. Ebadot can produce magic deliveries but it's largely not worth it for what he produces around them - which is often inconsistent ****e that bleeds runs.

But I still wouldn't write him off entirely at home as his extra pace and bounce offered something on the dead Deshi tracks against Pakistan that might be beyond medium pacers.

jayjay

U19 Cricketer
I remember speaking to AA Khan about...I think 10 years ago probably, and I asked him when or if Bangladesh could ever be consistently competitive in test cricket, heck they might even beat a major side and he said that by the end of the decade. Problem is, Bnag just can't seem to improve. Maybe its time to revoke test status.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I remember speaking to AA Khan about...I think 10 years ago probably, and I asked him when or if Bangladesh could ever be consistently competitive in test cricket, heck they might even beat a major side and he said that by the end of the decade. Problem is, Bnag just can't seem to improve. Maybe its time to revoke test status.
By any chance, are you Shamim Chowdhury?