• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh in Pakistan 2020

smash84

The Tiger King
So, pak win by an innings. Wasn't expecting this margin of victory but hopefully they can perform against any half decent side too.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I like the look of their batting order tbh. Shan Masood is good. I have not seen much of Abid Ali but seems like he is a good long term bet too. Azhar Ali is finding some form again finally. Babar and Asad are their best batsmen and them batting at 4 and 5 is awesome. In a way, they can well become the Pujara, Kohli and Rahane of Pakistan. And Harris Sohail adds a lot to the side as the 5th bowler and a decent #6 batsman. Their keeper has looked good too, Rizwan. Yasir Shah is a good enough legspinner to lead the attack in most places and wherever he struggles, he can still play a 4th bowlers' role and add some runs at #8. Naseem Shah is an absolute superstar and Afridi and Abbas are a solid enough new ball pair.

They could well be top 3 in no time if people can stay away from injuries IMO. One of the most exciting sides around currently for me.

smash84

The Tiger King
I like the look of their batting order tbh. Shan Masood is good. I have not seen much of Abid Ali but seems like he is a good long term bet too. Azhar Ali is finding some form again finally. Babar and Asad are their best batsmen and them batting at 4 and 5 is awesome. In a way, they can well become the Pujara, Kohli and Rahane of Pakistan. And Harris Sohail adds a lot to the side as the 5th bowler and a decent #6 batsman. Their keeper has looked good too, Rizwan. Yasir Shah is a good enough legspinner to lead the attack in most places and wherever he struggles, he can still play a 4th bowlers' role and add some runs at #8. Naseem Shah is an absolute superstar and Afridi and Abbas are a solid enough new ball pair.

They could well be top 3 in no time if people can stay away from injuries IMO. One of the most exciting sides around currently for me.
I think you didn't watch them play in Australia

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, Shan is a legit good test match batsman. Very composed and is happy to bat time

I think in certain conditions (subcontinent) they have a good top 6 and I rate Rizwan

Xuhaib

International Coach

Hi HB good too see an old timer still around :)

Mate I dont share your optimism Azhar is a good bloke but he is on his last legs will mostly score at home now against Sl,BD or WI.Shafiq I have givin up on Asad given the skills should have averaged late 40's but ended up as poor man's Ian Bell or maybe rich guys Bavuma the boat has long sailed for him. Babar is a genuine gun and I believe he has a shot at being GOAT batsman for Paksitan he can be that good Shan has genuinely improved and can give solid 4-5 years while Abid looks good but still unproven, Haris is classy but injuries and own careless attitude makes me feel his career will eventually dissolve on it's own pretty soon.

Rizwan I like but similar to Abid needs 2-3 series to really get a better judgement on him. Yasir should be send to pastures he is finished imo and investment needs to be made on couple of young spinners .

The real exciting part is the pace attack Abbas is solid even if unspectacular its Naseem and Shaheen who along with Babar really hold the key how good Pakistan can get both have potential to be elite Pacers and then there is Rauf and Hasnain and couple of others who can join in and build a solid depth in pace attack. If Pakistan does not mess up Naseem and Shaheen we can be seeing a great exciting period in our cricket but I will hold my breath for now have been bitten too many times.

Currently I dont see then going above 5 any time soon unless we find couple of good batsman and a young spinner who can take over from Yasir.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Babar is in amazing form right now. Scoring hundreds in almost every Test he's played recently.

Daemon

Babar and Dimples Afridi are the most promising atm. Gun players and great to watch too.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I dunno about their LO prospects but having a very clear cut best first XI is a very good thing and Pak has that right now. The back ups are good but not so good that everyone will question why they are not playing ahead of the incumbents. Just about the ideal level of benchstrength for a side looking to climb their way back up the rankings.

Xuhaib, glad to see u around too and I do think my optimism will be justified. :)

vcs

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/28799025/mushfiqur-rahim-change-mind-pakistan-tour

Hassan, who had stated before announcing the tour dates in January that every player had the right to choose whether he wanted to tour Pakistan or not, made a U-turn after Bangladesh's win over Zimbabwe, expressing his dismay at Mushfiqur's decision.

"We are expecting that he would go. Not only him, but every contracted player should go," he had said. "Players have to think about the country, and not just themselves. This is what I personally feel. The country comes before everything else.

"Everyone should keep it in mind. We will remind them that the contracted players must play as they are told, when selected. It never occurred to me that one has to tell them this, too."
No, they don't, mate

You are free to downgrade their contracts next time or dock them some pay, or whatever.