• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Bangladesh in NZ 2021-22

thierry henry

International Coach
One for rules nerds…after Young hit the 7, Latham was on strike for the first ball of the next over. Intuitively this seems wrong given it’s an odd number of runs and Young should’ve been back on strike. Far as I can tell it’s either an error, or the logic is that they stay at the ends they were at when the ball crossed the boundary - because they had run 4 by then. But surely it seems wrong to end up at a different end to the number of runs you actually got?

thierry henry

International Coach
One for rules nerds…after Young hit the 7, Latham was on strike for the first ball of the next over. Intuitively this seems wrong given it’s an odd number of runs and Young should’ve been back on strike. Far as I can tell it’s either an error, or the logic is that they stay at the ends they were at when the ball crossed the boundary - because they had run 4 by then. But surely it seems wrong to end up at a different end to the number of runs you actually got?
If it was wrong then I’d also be interested to know how often the wrong batsman has been on strike in international cricket. Should have to restart the match from that point tbh

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
My next jinx is that if Latham avoids falling to the nervous nineties then he looks on for a big one, probably a double :happy:.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Lol.. someone on crapinfo just pointed out they have had all of 0-7 runs being scored off a single ball so far this innings. One for the trivia already, this innings.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Missed the start of play and didn't realise Bangladesh had lost Joy and Mushfiqur to injury. Yeah the keeper has struggled so far.
Liton kept great in the first Test so it's kind of weird Nurul is doing it now. Liton dropped a catch in slips too which definitely proves he's a real wicket keeper.