• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh in New Zealand 2016/2017

Meridio

International Regular
FFS. Catch that.

Ball still swinging plenty when we get our seam presentation and length right. Really should have been looking at bowling them out for 160 here.

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
Jeez, that's two strangles down the leg-side off Tim Lucksee.
I've been watching cricket for more than 30 years and I swear wickets like that happen way more than they used to. I can only assume that it's the influence of T20 on the batsmen.

What's definitely different is that the bowler gets credited for 'strangling' the batsman, rather than rightly being called out for being a jammy bastard.

Last edited:

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I've been watching cricket for more than 30 years and I swear wickets like that happen way more than they used to. I can only assume that it's the influence of T20 on the batsmen.
You could have something there in respect of how much more batsmen move across their stumps. I don't think someone like a Steve Smith could be said to be too unlucky getting strangled down leg.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I could actually feel Blocky's anger at Ian Smith's words there about Williamson's good captaincy in returning to Southee and Boult. Feels good.

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
I could actually feel Blocky's anger at Ian Smith's words there about Williamson's good captaincy in returning to Southee and Boult. Feels good.
aec82edb9f5c559e0ddf4f9f32aa99adbb06a67e6e065f94374c2d72453ce897.jpg
Not sure why the pic's so small? Anyway, I was thinking something similar about the fact that Boult and Southee have taken wickets or that the pitch is pretty similar to the one at the Basin.

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Just read through the thread - sounds like our bowling has been a little better but three dropped catches is still :sick:

Athlai

Not Terrible
The most remarkable thing about CDG's bowling is that he has 9 wickets to his name. Seriously rate Neesham/Anderson higher.