• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh in New Zealand 2016/2017

Blocky

Banned
It's astonishing to me that Boult appeared to land just one delivery in the right place to beat the bat in his opening 20 or so.

Such a contrast to watching Abbott & Philander sythe through Australia by landing 5 out of 6 in the right place every over, while Boult manages 1 in 20 deliveries. I get this is a flat wicket with a small margin of error, but this is pretty crazy.

Sack the NZ bowling coach & replace him with a handkerchief on the practice pitch.
The bowling coach can't really stop a bowler who can't put it in the same spot more than twice an over though; ultimately we continue playing these guys despite their form and this is ultimately the payback we deserve from them, look at how frequently Wagner got binned despite his stats compared to how poorly Boult and Southee would need to bowl to be out of the side. There are certain "favorites" even under the Baz era, because they bowl these miracle balls and look fantastic when it pays off; but I just don't see how we continue carrying both of them in the unit, neither of them know what the **** to do when conditions don't suit them.

Blocky

Banned
**** it, make Wagner the captain.. at least he gives a **** about the match result still.

Also, lol at Ferguson destroying ND.

Blocky

Banned
The first ball Santner bowls outside the off stump creates issues for the batsman... surely our video analyst can point that out?

But nope, despite that, the next four deliveries are all on the stumps.

Last edited:

Binkley

U19 Captain
It's astonishing to me that Boult appeared to land just one delivery in the right place to beat the bat in his opening 20 or so.

Such a contrast to watching Abbott & Philander sythe through Australia by landing 5 out of 6 in the right place every over, while Boult manages 1 in 20 deliveries. I get this is a flat wicket with a small margin of error, but this is pretty crazy.

Sack the NZ bowling coach & replace him with a handkerchief on the practice pitch.
It is atrocious isn't it? I suspect it is a lack of a plan rather than a lack of accuracy. It's like the only "plan" the seam attack has at the moment is "bowl short".

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Who is this SM Solia lad?

Anyone hear of him before? He scored 152 against ND on LIst A debut.
Just seen the lad hit a few lusty blows in the domestic T20 stuff, if it's the name I'm thinking of. Batted about number 7 from memory.

CM Punk

State Vice-Captain
Just seen the lad hit a few lusty blows in the domestic T20 stuff, if it's the name I'm thinking of. Batted about number 7 from memory.
May be one for the future?

Scored over half of the Ace's runs on debut, ND only managed 134 in reply too :ph34r:

Blocky

Banned
So frustrating watching Santner bowl, he's so much better when he lets it drift wider of off stump but refuses to persist there.

CM Punk

State Vice-Captain
So frustrating watching Santner bowl, he's so much better when he lets it drift wider of off stump but refuses to persist there.
I don;t get the Vettori comparisons, he doesn't seem anywhere near the thinker Vettori was. It feels like Santner is running in and bowling with little thought of what he's trying to achieve.

African Monkey

U19 Vice-Captain
Who is this SM Solia lad?

Anyone hear of him before? He scored 152 (127) against ND on LIst A debut.

He managed to score over half of the Ace's runs (152/295).

Auckland v Northern Districts at Auckland, Jan 15, 2017 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo
I've mentioned on these boards before that he is a cousin of mine without trying to sound like a broken record lol but yes he is progressing nicely. Coming through the age groups he was never a big hitter so he has certainly improved with age in terms of finding the boundary. He was also picked more for his bowling when first breaking into the club scene and was more used as a middle to lower order bat until a sason or 2 ago.

Blocky

Banned
I don;t get the Vettori comparisons, he doesn't seem anywhere near the thinker Vettori was. It feels like Santner is running in and bowling with little thought of what he's trying to achieve.
He's bowling to the field setting, which is predominately leg side - ideally your captain notices "Oh, batsman looks uncomfortable outside off, let's keep it there"

Kayes groin just blew by the looks.

Blocky

Banned
Good way to waste 10 minutes.... significant though, if Mushy isn't available in the second match, they've lost their secondary keeper as well as opening batsman too.

Blocky

Banned
Good way to waste 10 minutes.... significant though, if Mushy isn't available in the second match, they've lost their secondary keeper as well as opening batsman too.
6PM - only half an hour left and there are still 11 overs to be bowled.

Umpires need to be fined for this, no control whatsoever on the match.