• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh in India 2019

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Feel like Bangladesh came into this Test focusing too hard on leaving the pink ball. They’ve been a bit too keen to do so and as a result tentative whenever they actually play at something.

One or two practice sessions can’t prepare you for such things unless you’re Smith.
Yeah a few dismissals have been due to excessively soft hands too, especially mushfiqr in the first innings. Bit of a shame they dont have tamim and shakib.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah a few dismissals have been due to excessively soft hands too, especially mushfiqr in the first innings. Bit of a shame they dont have tamim and shakib.
Mushy was pretty unlucky, which isn't something I say lightly about such a dick. "Excessively soft hands" is probably a good way to describe it but he's not going to get out very often playing similar deliveries that way.

_00_deathscar

International Debutant
India have already pretty much qualified for the championship final right? This frontloaded schedule against not great teams at home has given them a massive advantage.

Although, tbf I wouldnt call the windies at home pushovers, england cant beat them even though they use the duke there.
Hardly our fault South Africa suddenly turned to complete ****...in fact India should be given extra points for that series and absolutely humiliating them.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Hardly our fault South Africa suddenly turned to complete ****...in fact India should be given extra points for that series and absolutely humiliating them.
It helps the runs per wicket ratio that comes into picture if 2 teams are on equal points

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
India have already pretty much qualified for the championship final right? This frontloaded schedule against not great teams at home has given them a massive advantage.

Although, tbf I wouldnt call the windies at home pushovers, england cant beat them even though they use the duke there.
How is playing weaker teams first an advantage compared to playing them later?

OverratedSanity

How is playing weaker teams first an advantage compared to playing them later?
In theory, it'll allow India to rest a few key players later on in the cycle if the qualification is already sealed. Also less pressure to win against the stronger teams I suppose.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
I don't understand. If you win against weaker teams and lose to stronger teams, it hurts your chances to qualify irrespective of the order you do that in.

OverratedSanity

I don't understand. If you win against weaker teams and lose to stronger teams, it hurts your chances to qualify irrespective of the order you do that in.
Only if you think like a robot. Getting a clump of easy games up front removes a ton of pressure and again, in theory, lets you rest players for the final later on when mathematical qualification is sealed.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
You don't play everyone home and away though, or even everyone in general; it's not a round robin. The order you play the teams in doesn't matter, but having a bunch of short series against **** teams as part of your points structure certainly helps, and if you do it when you're hot and don't drop any games you can qualify really early.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
You don't play everyone home and away though, or even everyone in general; it's not a round robin. The order you play the teams in doesn't matter, but having a bunch of short series against **** teams as part of your points structure certainly helps, and if you do it when you're hot and don't drop any games you can qualify really early.
Agree about the point that teams are not playing all teams. That can leave some teams with a sweeter deal than others. India getting to play both WI and Bangladesh does help their cause (assuming those 2 are considered weakest sides)

Number of games in series is again immaterial. Just as you get more points for every win in a short series, you also lose more points for every defeat.

vcs

Rahane's dropped about 5 catches off Ashwin in the last two matches.

Daemon

Nice 50 from Mushy. Clearly these guys play better when they think they have no chance.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Nice 50 from Mushy. Clearly these guys play better when they think they have no chance.
Top of the innings still looks like a phone number. They've had their best bat make a score in one innings while fail in the other -- cricket works like that sometimes; attributing it to psychology just becuase you can is a bit zzz.

Daemon

I'm in their heads PEWS. Clearly you're troubled personally which is making you throw these accusations around. If you want we can have a chat offline.

vcs

How was impact umpire's call in Ashwin's LBW.. must have been just the ball's coat of lacquer in line with the off-stump. Think that should have been overturned.