• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Thread 2012/13

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Can confirm he bowled offies today. Didn't see them myself though so I can't comment on how good or otherwise they were.

That second innings bowling card shows precisely how ridiculous the lineup we picked was though.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dom Thornely from medium pace to offies. Cat Stevens into Islam. My mates old commodore from petrol to gas #greatconversionsofourtime

Spikey

Abbott fast-tracked

James Pattinson's breakdown had a major impact on NSW's preparations for their Shield game against Queensland in Canberra. Pattinson's injury paved the way for Josh Hazlewood to be picked in the Test squad, forcing the Blues to rush youngster Sean Abbott into the team. Abbott had been holidaying in Terrigal and had to drive the four hours to Canberra on Monday night. Abbott started the game slowly but dismissed Chris Hartley in the second innings.
This really makes me re-consider my theory that Abbott is always on call just in case

brockley

International Captain
Hauritz's transition as a batsmen/allrounder proved to be a dud,Hauritz needs to take wkts and ensure qld win to ensure his spot.Total madness to pick 5 batsmen when 3 are failing and then hope Hauritz can ton up,over rated batsmen.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Hauritz's transition as a batsmen/allrounder proved to be a dud,Hauritz needs to take wkts and ensure qld win to ensure his spot.Total madness to pick 5 batsmen when 3 are failing and then hope Hauritz can ton up,over rated batsmen.
It's really quite rare for domestic sides to go in with only four bowling options, so with Hopes injured I don't know why you find the fact that Hauritz is batting seven to be so surprising. He certainly bowled a ****load of overs in the first innings for a "batsman", particularly given he's an off spinner.

New South Wales batting Abbott or O'Keefe at seven when Henriques (and Smith to a lesser extent) are already batting in the top six is the sort of thing you should be whinging about, not Queensland going into a game with two bowling allrounders and a grand total of five bowling options.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
No tasting, something more than that - I just have this feeling QLD are going to pull off an epic win this morning. If QLD lose, I'll move to the heart of NSW, Sydney.

morgieb

No tasting, something more than that - I just have this feeling QLD are going to pull off an epic win this morning. If QLD lose, I'll move to the heart of NSW, Sydney.
I have that feeling too.

Not sure if it counts as Gambhiring either given the current position,

Spikey

35th Over
Over 34.6: Boyce to Haddin, no run, OUT, lofts down the ground on the offside, Feldman takes a great catch running and jumping to his right! NSW 7/88 (35 overs), 10 runs still. NSW 7/88 (Haddin 33, Abbott 0)
Over 34.5: Boyce to Haddin, one run, OUT, worked to midwicket, haddin goes for the second, O'Keefe hesitates then crosses as throw from Hauritz goes to Boyce, run out!

luv it

Justo

U19 Debutant
It's happening guys. A run out followed by Haddin's classic situational awareness. 9 runs to go or 3 wickets.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
**** it, where are some solid areas to live in Sydney??

BTW, I'm now going for Tassie this year.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah not sure, but I might move to Glebe, Newtown or Annandale. Spikey you'd go for a beer with me wouldn't you? You don't have to have a beer you can have your usual UDL or water still..

Important win for NSW btw.