• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australian Domestic Season Thread

Josh

International Regular
FaaipDeOiad said:
What's that got to do with it? If they tried to "slap the crap out of him" there is a fair chance he would have taken a couple of wickets, which in turn would have meant new batsmen and a drop in the run rate.
They tend to pick the right balls to hit. He bowls plenty of them.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I think MacGill vs Victoria is sort of well represented by the game last year in Lismore. MacGill got tapped early by set batsmen, but ended up taking 5/60 or something. They try to slap him - sometimes it works (e.g. when they chased down 500 or some ridiculous total in the 4th innings the year they won the Pura Cup), other times it doesn't.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
vic_orthdox said:
I think MacGill vs Victoria is sort of well represented by the game last year in Lismore. MacGill got tapped early by set batsmen, but ended up taking 5/60 or something. They try to slap him - sometimes it works (e.g. when they chased down 500 or some ridiculous total in the 4th innings the year they won the Pura Cup), other times it doesn't.
I see your in the squad for the vics 2nd XI, good luck :)

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Josh said:
They tend to pick the right balls to hit. He bowls plenty of them.
That's really irrelevant the fact that he's a quality bowler and usually takes wickets, whether it's against Victoria or against a test team. Pretty stupid to suggest that Victoria would be better off facing a NSW team with him in it than a team in which Coyte, Bird and Hauritz all bowl 10 overs.

brockley

International Captain
Bird has to go 3 wkts from 6 games and would give coyte 1 more game,the form of the one day pacemen including brakken and stu clark and dougie bollinger has not been great figures wise.
kregja and hauritz on the other hand have been in good form,also kregja scored 50 odd at no 7.
By and large the batting has been strong dropped aaron o'brien has done a decent job and he has been dropped,so its not the batting.Altho katich and jaques have not had great seasons.

Josh

International Regular
FaaipDeOiad said:
That's really irrelevant the fact that he's a quality bowler and usually takes wickets, whether it's against Victoria or against a test team. Pretty stupid to suggest that Victoria would be better off facing a NSW team with him in it than a team in which Coyte, Bird and Hauritz all bowl 10 overs.
Fair enough.

Josh

International Regular
mikeW said:
Bird chucks so badly...
I thought so, too. But I heard Berry say in the commentary today that his action had been cleared by CA. It still does look a bit dodgy, but probably is under the 14.2 degrees or whatever the hell it is.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Bracks economy of around 3.5 goes alright, and he could`ve had a few wickets today.

White was nuts. :)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
vic_orthdox said:
I remember that chase.

Fair knock from Dave Hussey.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Craig Phillipson has continued his great OD form for Queensland, leading them to 7/268 against SA in the Ford Ranger Cup. Phillipson, who scored 88 from just 80 balls, including 11 fours and a 6, came to the crease with the score at 2-92, and joined James Hopes - 74(91), and then later on Clinton Perren to be the mainstay of the QLD innings.

Worrying signs for SA with Shaun Tait only able to bowl 4.1 overs before leaving the field with a leg injury.

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Seems like Hamstrong injury, he said 'Soreness' so hopefully no loss of games. SA on track for a victory with Elliott making 103 and Boof on 60 odd not out. We need 21 of 22 with 6 wickets in hand.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Lehmann really backs his youngsters in vital situations, doesn't he? Has been a great captain for the Redbacks.

Speaking of youngsters in vital situations - Lachlan Stevens bowling the last over of the match.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Haha, holy crap! 5 needed off the last ball and Harris cracks it for SIX! What an awesome end to the match.