• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australian Domestic Season Thread

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Seems like a great knock from Cosgrove today, despite the result. 52 not out from 267 balls on a pitch that seems to have been misbehaving a fair amount.

6 wickets for Denton too.

Great Birtannia

U19 Captain
Alysum said:
Ponting's not going to play Pura is he ?
The Champions Trophy finishes on the 5th and the first test starts on the 23rd. In between those dates Tasmania play Victoria away in a double header at the 'G, a one dayer on the 12th and then the Pura Cup match running from the 14th to the 17th, and New South Wales in a one day match on the 19th at Bellerive. Ponting has committed to playing matches for Tasmania so I think he will definitely play the matches in Melbourne as surely he would want a four day game under his belt heading into the Ashes.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Clark adding another dimension to the fight for selection for the Ashes test. He has 2/26 from 11 with S.A. in early strife at 3/73 at lunch. Deitz 36* and Ferguson 16*. Cosgrove out for 14, Borgas for 2 and Elliot for a first ball duck.

Mister Wright

Bollinger picks up Deitz for 62. SA 5/130.

I also just noticed that NSW didn't pick Henriques. They clearly see him as a bowler who can bat a bit having picked 3 quicks in Bollinger, Clark & Nicholson and 2 spinners in MacGill and Casson.

Mister Wright

Bollinger picks up Manou. SA struggling at 6/131. Lehmann going strong though. Will need a double century from Gillespie at this rate.

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Im watching live scores on cricket.com.au and SA are struggling no doubt about that :(

But between Jaques and Mail im not joking i think they have dropped 5-7 catches, not sure on the exact figure because the commentry doesnt always stay up. But every time i refresh i can remember atleast 5 drops from those two..... imagine of they held them. Dont even want to think about it to be honest.

andyc

Wow, SA all out for 154, MacGill with 3/6 from 6.3. Henriques should've been selected over Casson.

Mister Wright

andyc said:
Wow, SA all out for 154, MacGill with 3/6 from 6.3. Henriques should've been selected over Casson.
True. But Casson does have it over Henriques with the bat so far this season.

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Did you see the catch? It stuck and did not look like it should have, prob shouyld have gone for 4, but thats what you get for hitting in the air i guess.

Johnners

Mister Wright said:
True. But Casson does have it over Henriques with the bat so far this season.
True that, but considering this is what, just their 3rd game, surely you'd go for Henrieques on ability? Personally dissappointed that he didn't play, he will only get better with more matches, and has a 10000x more promising future ahead of him than Casson.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I'd say that it just makes for a more balanced bowling line-up to take 20 wickets with two spinners rather than one.

Josh

International Regular
NZTailender said:
Is it going to be broadcast on Channel 9?

Edit: no, it seems not.

Are any OD games going to be on Channel 9 this summer? :(
No.

Fox Sports has gained exclusive rights to the Ford Ranger Cup and the Pura Cup final.