• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Australian Domestic Season 2013/14

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
It would be madness for Hughes to be dropped right down the bottom of the pecking order IMO.
I just want to see him go the entire Shield, dominate, make a few tonnes, just to get some confidence back.
If there's no one with a better season at that stage then pick him for South Africa... although he might find it interesting at Jo'berg

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I just want to see him go the entire Shield, dominate, make a few tonnes, just to get some confidence back.
If there's no one with a better season at that stage then pick him for South Africa... although he might find it interesting at Jo'berg
He's done pretty well at Jo-Burger in the past.

Spikey

I do sometimes wonder if it would be more beneficial if Australia just left Hughes alone for even just 12 months. It probably wouldn't though, and it's obviously a testament to his run scoring ability that he doesn't drop straight to the bottom when he gets dropped.

Spikey

Over 66.6: Abbott to McDermott, no run, OUT, good length outside off, pushing hard at the ball catching a thick outside edge to Haddin who takes a simple catch.. QLD 10/222 (Cutting 14, McDermott 2)

Dermo Abbott on track to win his first Steve Waugh medal

wonder if rads enforces the follow on

adub

International Captain
Come on Maher, get this last one. The thought of X taking a 5-fer and getting promoted back the test team is threatening to make my head explode.

Spikey

was surprised henry came out anyway. with the chance of storms (it is brisbane, after all) I'm really not expecting NSW to bat long here. Get to 350-400 lead and declare. Smith is more likely to help us score at 6 an over.

adub

International Captain
was surprised henry came out anyway. with the chance of storms (it is brisbane, after all) I'm really not expecting NSW to bat long here. Get to 350-400 lead and declare. Smith is more likely to help us score at 6 an over.
If Boyce keeps bowling it could be a bit more than that.

Spikey

Over 8.6: McKay to Doolan, no run. TAS 1/36 (Silk 6, Doolan 26)
Over 8.5: McKay to Doolan, no run. Shoulders arms, ball just misses off stump, too close for comfort I would have thought.
Over 8.4: McKay to Doolan, FOUR. Classical cover drive, absolutely lovely shot.
Over 8.3: McKay to Doolan, no ball. Beaten outside off, fending at one he could have left alone, another no ball called, this time McKay has broken the stumps in his delivery.
Over 8.3: McKay to Doolan, no run
Over 8.2: McKay to Doolan, no ball. Doolan shoulders arms, ball smashes into off stump but the Victorian joy is short lived as the umpire stands with his arm outstretched, McKay has overstepped.
Over 8.2: McKay to Silk, one run. Forward, pushes into the off side.
Over 8.1: McKay to Silk, no run. Defends to the on side.

adub

International Captain
Vic to knock over Bailers Bailey for <40 but let Doolers Doolan cr00ze to glorious ton.

#justfor****sngiggles

Burgey

Test debutant George Bailey looks as though he's batting on off stump to dan Christian here.