• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Season 2010/11

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
People are changing their tune to quick imo. He was dropped because he wasn't performing and supposedly didn't want to bowl to Ponting's plan. Doherty may not be the best choice but he hasn't really done that badly and has only had one test where ALL our bowlers performed badly in the second innings. Hauritz needs more good innings to make me consider selecting him, even then if Pontings pissy about him he may not get selected for a long time. I'd have rather seen O'Keefe play and get a 5 wicket haul, funny how when he takes bunches of wickets people say it was just the pitch or a **** opposition but now Hauritz has one good innings and he's the most talented spinner in Australia.
Doherty bowls the way Ponting wants him to and England score 1/1000000.

Hauritz is the smart one.

pup11

International Coach
People are changing their tune to quick imo. He was dropped because he wasn't performing and supposedly didn't want to bowl to Ponting's plan. Doherty may not be the best choice but he hasn't really done that badly and has only had one test where ALL our bowlers performed badly in the second innings. Hauritz needs more good innings to make me consider selecting him, even then if Pontings pissy about him he may not get selected for a long time. I'd have rather seen O'Keefe play and get a 5 wicket haul, funny how when he takes bunches of wickets people say it was just the pitch or a **** opposition but now Hauritz has one good innings and he's the most talented spinner in Australia.
As far as I know, he was the leading wicket taker in the last test series he played in before going to India after recovering from an injury, where like many foreign spinners he got destroyed which is hardly something worth getting dropped over, especially when a moron like Marcus North keeps playing test after test.
Btw... from where are you getting these ideas that Hauritz was not bowling according to Ponting's plans...!? Ponting's fields to all his bowlers have been shocking at times and when he got called out by Warne for setting ridiculous fields to Hauritz in India he just shifted his blame upon Hauritz.
Anyways good to see Ritzy showing some character, I guess the axing is likely to do him real good in the longer run that's of course only if he ever again gets to play for Australia.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Tasmania's slide continues they look like getting beaten comfortably by NSW. Hauritz bowled 12 overs 1/51, OKeefe just the 1 over which cost 11. Coyte didn't even get a bowl! Brett Lee if fit has to play at the World Cup.

In the Vic vs SA game Christian has 6 wickets. Julian will be happy, I agree with him that he should get a chance in our ODI and definitely our T20 side.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Isn't it the Ryobi cup?

Though I liked the Ford Ranger's Cup better! :blink:
Pointless quote considering I made that post before Ryobi gained naming rights. Two weeks before the season started it was called "National One Day Cup".

Another bad loss for Victoria yesterday. If any good comes from the game, I hope it is a call up for Christian to the ODI side. A much better option than Hastings as he offers far more with the bat.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Christian's in a bit of a tough spot because his batting hasn't been good enough in First Class cricket to push for a Test place and his bowling hasn't been good enough in one day cricket to really push for an ODI place. Batsman who bowls in one format and a bowler who bats in another - people have always been liable to mix them up. I've always loved him as a player and I get significant joy out of seeing him do well but he needs to even all out a bit.

brockley

International Captain
I agree with christian for the world cup,hodge and haurie the 2nd spinner.
Christian can play off steve smith for the allrounders' spot.
NSW and sa tomorrow at scg,its a turner apparently,no sign of teams named,can someone post them when named.

brockley

International Captain
Wonder if bailey will get a recall not as if o'brien doing that much in shield.Surely they wouldn't play 1 spinner o'brien in sydney.