• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Season 2010/11

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
I hope Boyce is given plenty of gametime this season. Despite going for near 200 runs in the 2nd innings of the Shield Final, he deserved those 6 wickets simply for keeping an attacking mindset. Massive effort for a kid in his second game, now should get the proper opportunities this season.

The way the Australian spin-bowlers slot rotates means any semi-decent season puts you close to representing Australia.

brockley

International Captain
Was thinking what was the best structure for the new one dayers.
And was thinking 7 batsmen,with the batsmen a hitter,the 8th batsmen a keeper or allrounder,then your 4 best bowlers,an alrounder could bowl overs if 1 bowler is slammed,or if the allrounder a spinner to tie up one end.
I was also thinking how the one day comp will go withiout a sponsor,I mean even the sheffield has a sponsor and no one goes to that.
BTW i am firm belief that if the kfc is expanded majorly they should start the season in august/september,and hold it up north,you probably get more people going to the games up north than in the south,and it would be essence spreading the game.
Thoughts.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cricket in Australia in August/September will never be popular. People have a mind set that it's football season until the end of September, and cricket season starts in October/November. I really don't think the two can co-exist.

brockley

International Captain
Yes but crowds will come out and watch it in townsville,darwin and cairns.
Cricket games can be telecast on abc digital.
Maybe the odd one dayer shown on fox.
Its a winner.
The only other way is to cut down shield and one dayers,to fit in the new kfc cup.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Our sport will become a mockery if there is too much 29/20.

I wouldn't mind a Super 15 style competition of 20/20, but apart from that the expanded season coming up is as far as it should go.

brockley

International Captain
Futures League - Domestic comp in which all players (bar 3) must be 22yo or younger

Queensland Academy of Sport v Victorian 2nd XI

Tues 28 Sept – Thurs 30 Sept, Allan Border Field:

Ben Dunk (c)
Cameron Boyce
Lee Carseldine
Jason Floros
Cameron Gannon
Ryan Harris
Alex Kemp
Chris Lynn
Alister McDermott
Chris Sabburg
Michael Simmers
Scott Walter

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cricket in Australia in August/September will never be popular. People have a mind set that it's football season until the end of September, and cricket season starts in October/November. I really don't think the two can co-exist.
Yeah cricket can't compete with football so it'd be nice if football stopped expanding the pre-season cups and eating into the end of the cricket season.

brockley

International Captain
Henriques and Warner to play in Futures League

Wednesday, 22 September 2010

Moises Henriques will captain NSW in their first Futures League match of the season against Tasmania

Cricket NSW have selected a strong side for their first Futures League match of the season against Tasmania at Bankstown Oval, starting next Tuesday (28th September).

The three-day fixture will be the first of the season for New South Wales, and will allow several players the chance to find some form leading into the RTA SpeedBlitz Blues first National One Day Cup match against South Australia in Adelaide on Saturday 9th October.

The team will be led by experienced all-rounder Moises Henriques, and will include powerhouse opener David Warner, who will press his claims for selection in the RTA SpeedBlitz Blues Weet-Bix Sheffield Shield side.

Australian U19 opener Nic Maddinson will also appear alongside fellow rookies Tim Armstrong, Joe Mennie, Timm Van Der Gugten and Adam Zampa.

Coming back into a New South Wales representative side is Randwick-Petersham pace bowler Scott Coyte. Coyte, who played four Ford Ranger Cup matches and five KFC Big Bash matches between 2006 and 2008, has been rewarded for an excellent Grade season in 2009-10, where he took 31 wickets and scored 653 runs.

The squad of twelve is :
Sean ABBOTT
Tim ARMSTRONG
Nathan BRAIN
Scott COYTE
Moises HENRIQUES (c)
Simon KEEN
Nic MADDINSON
Joe MENNIE
Michael STRETTON
Timm VAN DER GUGTEN
David WARNER
Adam ZAMPA

MATCH NOTES
- Playing hours are 9-30 am to 5pm
- Entry is free
MEDIA NOTES
- Match reports and scorecards will appear on Home | Cricket NSW.
- You can follow the RTA SpeedBlitz Blues via Facebook at : facebook.com/CricketNSW.
- Follow the team via Twitter at : twitter.com/CricketNSWBlues.

Last edited by a moderator: