• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Season 2005/06 thread

Mike Hussey

U19 12th Man
Mister Wright said:
Cricinfo only cover the televised games.

The reason they don't do the others is because of the 'Brown-nosed Gnome' comment made in reference to Langer.
Because channel nine coverd that match, and therefore, fro some reason Cricinfo have the reights to show it. But Cricket Australia's offical website is crap.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mike Hussey said:
Because channel nine coverd that match, and therefore, fro some reason Cricinfo have the reights to show it. But Cricket Australia's offical website is crap.
No argument here. We deserve proper live scores. It's just not good enough from Cricket Australia.

Mike Hussey

U19 12th Man
Yeah, I remember watching the Pura Cup on TV, C7 Sports, and it was great, and this is meant to be the toughest domestic cricket competetion in the world. One word, that sums up that site. Crap.

Mister Wright

Mike Hussey said:
Yeah, I remember watching the Pura Cup on TV, C7 Sports, and it was great, and this is meant to be the toughest domestic cricket competetion in the world. One word, that sums up that site. Crap.
I've said it for a long time now. Foxtel should get rid of the Fox Footy Channel during summer and turn it into a cricket channel so we can get Pura Cup & ING games during the summer.

Mister Wright

Mike Hussey said:
Thats true. I have just e-mailed CA and I will let you know when(or if) they get back to me.
Good luck... :p

You'll probably just get a template that they send out to every disgruntled Australian willing to put in the time to send an email. There's probably an automated reply function. But, yeah, definitely let us know.

Mister Wright

Gillespie working miracles at the Adelaide Oval. He gets Maher out for a gonza in the first over and is able to bowl from both ends.

Great stuff CA.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Worst player in Aus domestic cricket?

Happy to add to list. And we (Dave Watt and I) would like your thoughts.

M. Clark
S. Magoffin
A. Noffke
N. Hauritz
G. Rummans
S. Deitz
G. Mail
S. Kremerskothen

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
vic_orthdox said:

M. Clark
S. Magoffin
A. Noffke
N. Hauritz
G. Rummans
S. Deitz
G. Mail
S. Kremerskothen
Hmm Magoffin and Noffke are half decent IMO and there are a lot worse batsmen then Rummans. Remember that Smith guy from SA....

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Linda said:
All over. All out for 284 (I think). Geez I didnt think we'd even come that close! MacGill returns with 40-odd off 6 overs...

And Hakon, surely you can get an 720 ABC coverage on the net? Its much better commentary than that SportFm station...!
Oi You!

Show some respect - SportFM the only station to give ball-by-ball coverage of every WA game. They do well for a low budget community station.

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
Andrew Symonds (163 off 183, 23 4's, 1 six!) was smashing Cullen and Cleary all over the park till he got out. Cullen has Lee-esque figures of 0/109 off 17 while Cleary has 1/64 off 14.......

Now Queensland are in a position of strength......goddamn it! :@

King_Ponting

International Regular
vic_orthdox said:

M. Clark
S. Magoffin
A. Noffke
N. Hauritz
G. Rummans
S. Deitz
G. Mail
S. Kremerskothen
S. Watson
Theres one u missed

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
chaminda_00 said:
Hmm Magoffin and Noffke are half decent IMO and there are a lot worse batsmen then Rummans. Remember that Smith guy from SA....
Jack Smith wasnt all that bad.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
King_Ponting said:
Theres one u missed
Watson may have failed at test level thus far, but there is no way he is amongst the worst in domestic cricket. He averages 45 with the bat and 31 with the ball for crying out loud.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
chaminda_00 said:
Yes he was he was nearly as bad as Greg Mail.
Mail has potential actually. Hes just been rubbish for the best part of a season and a half now. Smith was worse than Mail IMO, but Smith no longer plays FC cricket and Mail's batting has all but gone down the plughole.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Prince EWS said:
Mail has potential actually. Hes just been rubbish for the best part of a season and a half now. Smith was worse than Mail IMO, but Smith no longer plays FC cricket and Mail's batting has all but gone down the plughole.
mail had potential, now his just useless. The sooner that Chris Simmons comes into the Pura Cup side to replace him the better for NSW.