• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia vs West Indies - Frank Worrell Trophy 2022

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
West Indies batting are justifiably used as the prime source for their Test struggles in Australia this century but their bowling regularly proves to be as toothless as in this match.

Haven't bowled Australia out for under 300 in the 1st innings in Australia since 1996/97; haven't booked them out under 400 in 1st innings since BD Test of 2000.

Chubb

International Regular
He's not wrong, a lot of touring sides are weak as **** and "give up" in Australia. Even when India won 2 summers ago half their team gave up and their back-up players had to win for them
The last two Indian series were also the last interesting test matches to be played in Aus. Usually SA can be relied on for a good contest but I doubt they'll manage it this year.

Name an exciting test match in the last 20 years in Australia not involving India or South Africa. 2011 Ashes does not count. All the games were one-sided.

As a non-Australian resident of Australia, I can say these things.

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm about to go in for a meeting just as these ****s are both going to reach their milestones

hurry up lads

Aritro

International Regular
I really thought the Windies bowling would turn a few heads over here. I've been talking them up for a while. This has been a disaster.

Burgey

The last two Indian series were also the last interesting test matches to be played in Aus. Usually SA can be relied on for a good contest but I doubt they'll manage it this year.

Name an exciting test match in the 20 years in Australia not involving India or South Africa. 2011 Ashes does not count. All the games were one-sided.
There was that one in Hobart against NZ which was very good.

Gob

International Coach

Name an exciting test match in the last 20 years in Australia not involving India or South Africa. 2011 Ashes does not count. All the games were one-sided.

NZ at Hobart

OverratedSanity

Pakistan made Australia sweat and almost chased 450 odd that one time. But yeah apart from that it's been completely insided almost every time.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I really thought the Windies bowling would turn a few heads over here. I've been talking them up for a while. This has been a disaster.
They actually bowled pretty well yesterday IMO. They've basically given up today though.

morgieb

What a man. There was something very predictable about that ton from very early on. Looks much more like the Smith of old.

and lol at another drop :laugh:

Aritro

International Regular
****ing hell, catch that Da Silva.

Good to see Smith making a ton in a not very challenging environment. I want him to get ATG numbers before he retires, it'll be annoying if there's a sharp average drop.