• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia vs South Africa -2022/3

Stefan9

International Debutant
I mean... they often do this. The fact that it's a bad idea hasn't stopped them in the past.

The only reason they might not is Mulder's batting form in domestic cricket (in two countries). Given Australian pitches tend to be on the flatter side and spin graveyards they'll definitely want to have four seam options plus Maharaj IMO.
Mulder isn't in the squad. The chances of SA going with Jansen at 7 is 90%. It being dumb doesn't change the probability. They seem terrified of going with 4 bowlers...

Heboric

International Debutant
It’s pure hype to think this is going to be anything but a 3-0 to Australia. The difference in quality of batting is about as big as it ever been in this series.

And anybody who thinks it’s sensible to keep dropping Maharaj really not been watching SA cricket. So it a high probability it will happen.
While I agree SA are underdogs I dont think it will be a whitewash. A combination of I dont think Australia are good enough and SA will do enough somehow. The team really has to suck or the opponent is god tier (which this Australia team isnt) to get a whitewash

Bahseph

State Captain
The plan is not to out bat teams, it is to cobble together 300-350 and then just hope the bowlers don't have a bad day. That's how SA win Test matches these days. I wouldn't be surprised if they win a Test,but realistically it's going to be 3-0.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
The chances of 3-0 Australia are absolutely nonexistent.

Partly because even though this South African batting lineup looks pretty poor on paper, they have traditionally tended to have at least one or two players who grow an extra leg out here, but mainly because there will probably be one test pretty much ruined by some substandard "summer" weather

Heboric

International Debutant
With such low expectations regarding our batting that was decentish. But why didnt Bavuma bat, we need all the practice we can get. Please dont tell me he is injured again :confused1

Dendarii

International Debutant
But why didnt Bavuma bat, we need all the practice we can get. Please dont tell me he is injured again :confused1
The scorecard has him as "Yet to bat", so hopefully he will as he desperately needs time in the middle, not having played any domestic first-class matches. But surely he should have come in ahead of Verreynne? Or if not Verreynne then definitely ahead of Maharaj.

Heboric

International Debutant
With such low expectations regarding our batting that was decentish. But why didnt Bavuma bat, we need all the practice we can get. Please dont tell me he is injured again :confused1
Oh geez, looks like its an injury:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
No live coverage but reading the commentary looks like drops galore from the South Africans and wickets off no-balls.

Midwinter

State Captain
"Doran has morphed into a stroke maker after being becalmed for years"

It must be his best year in first class cricket.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
"Doran has morphed into a stroke maker after being becalmed for years"

It must be his best year in first class cricket.
Surely. I made a meme of trying to record every score one FC season to highlight his strike rate but it was so boring I gave up.