• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia vs Pakistan in UAE

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Referring to the fact he could be playing for Kent getting valuable match practice in England like Hughes ahead of the Ashes, instead he's flown over when not needed, not played in two games and only gets 3 overs in another (and let's face it, for a less than meaningful ODI series). What the hell was the point? In general playing Laughlin over Clark doesn't bother me too much.
Only justification to include Clark for this series was to allow him some proper international training with the rest of the squad. County stint for mine would have been far more effective. Really must wonder about the intelligence of our national selectors.

pasag

RTDAS
Only justification to include Clark for this series was to allow him some proper international training with the rest of the squad. County stint for mine would have been far more effective. Really must wonder about the intelligence of our national selectors.
Yeah but if that was the case then why isn't he playing today :huh:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I know what the stats say but I'm going on how they look in matches. Hussey still looks as if he's just holding on to his form whereas Clarke looks like he's about to surge, for mine.
Clarke always looks relatively more in-form than Huss though, because he's a more stylish player. Hussey's vastly superior rotating of the strike that gives him such a better strike rate tends to pass people by when they're merely watching. Dropping your top-scoring batsman while retaining your worst simply because "one looks like he's about to peak and the other doesn't" is a pretty shocking selection policy, I'd say.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Yeah but if that was the case then why isn't he playing today :huh:
Concerns over match fitness? Prefer not to risk further injury? Really hard to even think of a reasonable justification. Happy that Laughlin gets another shot, possibly his last chance. Atleast until he backs his one season wonder up again.

pasag

RTDAS
North done by Ajmal. Still in a pretty good position but getting strangled a bit by the spinners.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Clarke always looks relatively more in-form than Huss though, because he's a more stylish player. Hussey's vastly superior rotating of the strike that gives him such a better strike rate tends to pass people by when they're merely watching. Dropping your top-scoring batsman while retaining your worst simply because "one looks like he's about to peak and the other doesn't" is a pretty shocking selection policy, I'd say.
Wasn't actually advocating dropping him, tbh. Was just saying that to prove a point that the rationale for dropping Clarke is equally poor as the one I said for dropping someone like Hussey. In my side, they'd both be there.

Briony

International Debutant
Big innings for Symonds in the context of his career even though it's only a dead rubber.