• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia Tour of India 2019

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Wouldn't be in favour of replacing Chahal with Jadeja. Will be delicious if India wins the WC with four #11s.
With Shami tipping Bhuvi for pace bowler's spot we are indeed looking at a terrible tail. That might be the reason why Jadeja is again coming into favour. For me he is not good enough with either bat or ball. See how he went today with the bat. SR of ~50

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He pretty much has a free hand to set the field and strategize when the going gets tough. His captaincy is invaluable.
Would you be okay with India starting every game with Dhoni in the XI with a deficit of 20 runs? How about 40? 100? Invaluable indeed.

Cow Corner

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Would you be okay with India starting every game with Dhoni in the XI with a deficit of 20 runs? How about 40? 100? Invaluable indeed.
He did play a decent hand in India winning the first match. He's an okay batsman (will probably average 10 runs less than DK and a lower strike rate...so maybe gets a 35 in 45 balls whereas DK would get 45/45) on average. He probably makes up for those 10 runs with 1 extra wicket every 2 games or so (0.5x wicket on average) with his glovework and captaincy/tactical nous. Virat mentioned that he'd have brought Vijay Shankar on earlier but Dhoni suggested bowling Bumrah out (he gave 1 run in his final over) and saving VS for the final over.

stephen

I can't say I'm totally shocked. This Australian side is one that does not know how to win. Falling 9 runs short chasing 250 with balls to spare is pretty dire in this day and age.

Having said that I'm glad it was 250 vs 242 instead of 350 vs 342.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Dhoni is such a liability ugggghhhhhh
What are you talking about? His batting form is good in recent months. After quite some time, he has failed with this coming after a long series of fifties. His keeping is still impeccable. His captaincy tips are invaluable. Also, everyone has mentioned how he brings a sense of calm to the team. He is still one of the biggest assets for the team.

harsh.ag

Please stop using the word invaluable like it means something else.

Will be nice to see India be calm as they lose the WC in a 350 chase.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jaddu’s taken 3 wickets in 5 ODIs since comeback which includes that legside nick. Think it’s time we play both Kuldeep and Chahal despite the hit we take to fielding and batting.

Shankar’s done well every time he’s promoted up the order so he may just start.

Openers
Kohli
Jadhav
Dhoni (to float depending on situation)
Shankar
Pandya
2 leggies
Shami
Bumrah

Long tail but does Jadeja really add that much with the bat to merit losing out on the couple of wickets Chahal pretty much always takes?

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Jaddu’s taken 3 wickets in 5 ODIs since comeback which includes that legside nick. Think it’s time we play both Kuldeep and Chahal despite the hit we take to fielding and batting.

Shankar’s done well every time he’s promoted up the order so he may just start.

Openers
Kohli
Jadhav
Dhoni (to float depending on situation)
Shankar
Pandya
2 leggies
Shami
Bumrah

Long tail but does Jadeja really add that much with the bat to merit losing out on the couple of wickets Chahal pretty much always takes?
So no Rayudu, no Jadeja. I can get behind that. Jadhav at 4 is not quite right though. I will much rather have Dhoni at 4.

Daemon

Yeah, Dhoni should float imo. If there's a great start and we're like 2 down by the 30th, then just push him as far down as possible to hide him. Ditto if it's a big chase and we haven't had a terrible start.

If it's a middling chase or collapse then he can do the job at 4.

Daemon

4 of the current Indian bowlers in that top part of the list. Yadav, Bumrah, Shami and Chahal. Shami the only one with an economy >5. That's pretty sick for a team that used to rely on damage control as a bowling strategy for the preceding 30+ years.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Yes, as I said earlier in this thread, it's been a while since India lost an ODI due to its bowling. ICC champions trophy final was one such instance. We didn't have KulCha then and Bumrah wasn't yet the bowler he has become now.