• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
in 20 years time the ICC will use this tour as a textbook case on how to not schedule a tour

Spikey

Nah ****. Terrible. SMITH IS NOT AND WILL NOT BE A SLOGGER AND A MAN WHO CAN GO OUT THERE IN THE 45TH OVER AND KNOCK SIXES FROM THE FIRST BALL. GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEADS ALREADY

Spikey

on one hand, i like that haddin is batting above smith

on the other it just makes his presence all the more bemusing. I mean if clarke is gonna bowl him today ok cool, but we know he won't

Howe_zat

Audio File
Nah ****. Terrible. SMITH IS NOT AND WILL NOT BE A SLOGGER AND A MAN WHO CAN GO OUT THERE IN THE 45TH OVER AND KNOCK SIXES FROM THE FIRST BALL. GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEADS ALREADY
What are you talking about, all batting allrounders can do that.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
on one hand, i like that haddin is batting above smith

on the other it just makes his presence all the more bemusing. I mean if clarke is gonna bowl him today ok cool, but we know he won't
Spikey which all rounder would you prefer in the Australian setup?

Personally I would rather Christian, Faulkner, McDonald, Marsh, Hopes all ahead of Smith in ODI's.

Of course we could just include another batsman like Ferguson.

Ruckus

International Captain
no Imran either ffs. don't wish injures on players....but man botha
Yeah what the heck are they playing at? Tahir's list A record is almost double that of Botha's. Surely that's got to overweigh the little extra Botha provides with the bat...

uvelocity

International Coach
**** me, smith is a usless ****. I missed any announcement, is SOS still injured or what? I thought he was right. Defo **** idea to leave him out if uninjured

Spark

Global Moderator
I'd just play Ferguson if we're not going to bowl him, but as I said before, there's scant evidence that MMarsh is a better cricketer than Smith in any respect.

Spikey

Spikey which all rounder would you prefer in the Australian setup?

Personally I would rather Christian, Faulkner, McDonald, Marsh, Hopes all ahead of Smith in ODI's.

Of course we could just include another batsman like Ferguson.
First off I'd give Smith a go with the ball. But obviously that's not gonna happen. So we must judge him as a batsman and therefore there's literally a hundred cricketers I'd rather pick. I'd pick Mark Waugh and Dean Jones before Smith. Smith just isn't a guy who starts off at a high gear. He needs time and he ain't getting that coming in at over 45

Cue 23 ball 50

I'd just play Ferguson if we're not going to bowl him, but as I said before, there's scant evidence that MMarsh is a better cricketer than Smith in any respect.
I think that T20 showed Marsh can go big quicker than Smith in terms of balls faced etc. I'd rather Smith if we get into a fight with the RRR around 5-6 but he's coming in at 7 so.

**** me, smith is a usless ****.
No he's not. He's a good FC bat. He's a good bowler in the short forms. He however is not the man to come in at over 45 when you're trying to ping every ball for 6, same as Clarke is not

Last edited: