• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Had money on Johnson getting Boucher and North getting Harris. So, so awesome.

No doubt that was outside off, but I don't care. :D

Norfyyyyyyyy

Craig

World Traveller
North can do no wrong. I didn't think I would say this, but I'm glad he was picked as at least it offers more balance to the XI and he can bat at 6 as well as being a decent bowling option and leave Haddin at 7, where he could bat. Might be complicated when Watson is 100% fit, as there would be no point batting him at 8. I guess Symond's Test days are up.

And before somebody responses, I know Symonds scored a half century v NSW and Watson a duck, I just think he has burnt his bridges with CA, or is running out of them at least. Turning into more trouble (and a piss head) then what it is worth.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Shocker from Bucknor. As soon as I saw it I thought not out and just went back to writing an email and then I stick my stream back up and the **** has given it.

Where the **** is this rain? :happy: And if it does come it needs to be on a biblical scale.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Might be complicated when Watson is 100% fit, as there would be no point batting him at 8. I guess Symond's Test days are up.
Watson batted at 7 and Haddin at 8 against New Zealand early in the summer. I doubt this will happen again though. I can see CA letting the Watson experiment go for a while because North is functioning well, but I can see Watto making the Ashes tour if he plays well enough early in the IPL ahead of McDonald.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Watson batted at 7 and Haddin at 8 against New Zealand early in the summer. I doubt this will happen again though. I can see CA letting the Watson experiment go for a while because North is functioning well, but I can see Watto making the Ashes tour if he plays well enough early in the IPL ahead of McDonald.
Itbt there's not a great deal of need for him, but if they're insistent on playing a batting all-rounder at 8 he's definitely the option over McDonald.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Exactly what I was implying tbph. That said North is still relatively unproven and if he fails for the rest of the series I can imagine them taking Watson as long as he can prove his bowling is functioning.
Hmm. Even if he does fail for the next five innings, I can't imagine they'd drop him after that. Not unless a horrid and obvious weakness is radically exposed. The century he scored yesterday was just that good, coming under pressure in bowler-friend conditions against a quality attack etc. etc...

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Hmm. Even if he does fail for the next five innings, I can't imagine they'd drop him after that. Not unless a horrid and obvious weakness is radically exposed. The century he scored yesterday was just that good, coming under pressure in bowler-friend conditions against a quality attack etc. etc...
I never said they'd drop him. Taking Watson as back up if he isn't scoring in the Ashes is what I meant.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Poor ****ers in Soweto have had so much rain it has been described as a disaster zone which requires immediate aid. Let’s go rain!

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Australia should definately enforce the follow-on if given the choice imo. The inevitable rain means we don't have much time and the breaks will keep the bowlers fresh.

Haddinnnnnnnn

inbox24

International Debutant
Don't think we will bowl them out quick enough to enforce the follow on.

That's right folks, a de Villiers century and and a Steyn on the wall to ruin our day.

Trumpers_Ghost

U19 Cricketer
Can't see it happening, although it's nearly a 50-50 call. Would prefer aggressive 2nd innings target setting and let loose the fresh quicks. Can't be influenced by weather forcasts with 2+days to go. If its rained out, then it would be rained out either way. cheers