• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in South Africa 2023/24

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What are you on about ? If you bat at no.8 you should be able to handle yourself with the bat at this stage , Phehlukwayo hasn't done what is required since coming on to bat .
if you're 45 off 20 with 4 overs left, it's almost certainly better to control the strike than the new batter who, it should be noted, almost popped one up to midwicket off the might of Tim David the ball before. It's something that's done terribly in all LO cricket, batters are loathed to control the strike until the last over, maybe second last over, because I guess they don't want to be called selfish? the job is to get the best total for the team, not keep everybody's feelings in check

Spikey

if you're 45 off 20 with 4 overs left, it's almost certainly better to control the strike than the new batter who, it should be noted, almost popped one up to midwicket off the might of Tim David the ball before. It's something that's done terribly in all LO cricket, batters are loathed to control the strike until the last over, maybe second last over, because I guess they don't want to be called selfish? the job is to get the best total for the team, not keep everybody's feelings in check
and of course, after watching Phehlukwayo struggle all innings, Marco should have just told him to swing like crazy at it instead of taking a single on ball 5 of that over. Marco got out, but what was the plan for the last ball of that over? hit a boundary but keep Phehlukwayo on strike next over? take a single so that you're on strike next over? there's nothing wrong with saying no I want to face most of the balls left, I'm hitting at 200 and on 40 and you're struggling to get if off the pitch.

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
and of course, after watching Phehlukwayo struggle all innings, Marco should have just told him to swing like crazy at it instead of taking a single on ball 5 of that over. Marco got out, but what was the plan for the last ball of that over? hit a boundary but keep Phehlukwayo on strike next over? take a single so that you're on strike next over? there's nothing wrong with saying no I want to face most of the balls left, I'm hitting at 200 and on 40 and you're struggling to get if off the pitch.
I was trying this jinx stuff that CW talks about, see.s to be working on Phehlukwayo

Spikey

good for Phehlukwayo. and look how hard they run that two to keep him on strike! smart stuff imo

Spikey

when david came on, I just figured it was cover for at least one over of Zampa. didn't think Ellis would miss out on two overs

number11

U19 Captain
300 is routine now [for the better batting sides]. This WC is [all too often] going to be a shootout between the best batting sides.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Very good series for SA, surprising...

Pity about Nortje. Hopefully Coetzee can step up and take his place. Also might help the batting a bit.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
I will play the usual card and blame it on Australia playing a 2nd string side
Yeah your right, we probably still lose the series or scrape to 3-2 win, but the addition of Smith and maxwell over David and inglis/marsh at 3 makes this side much better.

TheJediBrah

Yeah your right, we probably still lose the series or scrape to 3-2 win, but the addition of Smith and maxwell over David and inglis/marsh at 3 makes this side much better.
I was thinking more the bowling tbh but Smith and Maxwell probably nearly as big a difference