• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa 2018

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He has a game for the titans. If he gets through it he should be in contention. Before the test g. Smith was saying more likely too see Dale come test 4. But with no kg this will probably change things.

SA needs their champion now more then ever.
I really don't want to see him rush back early.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
When both sides act like jerks, does anyone really care who's getting the worse/worser/worst/worstest of the verbal jousting? Let them have at it, make this series magnificent for the rest of us.

Chrish

International Debutant
You really shouldn’t be getting points for send-offs.. That’s just idiotic.

McGrath did that 24/7 but I don’t recall him ever getting into trouble for that.

Bolo

State Captain
Cricket is an absolute joke.

I’ve been watching for 14/15 years now and at no point have I ever watched cricket and thought a player needs suspended for celebrating a wicket, or bumping them into a player.

Fine them match fees. But banning the player who just won the match for something less trivial than Warner’s reaction is laughable. Even then what Warner did didn’t deserve anything but a fine.

Racsim, verbal abuse(deemed by umpires to be over the line), genuine physical harm(punching/kicking, cheating. Only things that should warrant a ban

Just further attempts to kill test cricket by the ICC.

Docking match fees isn't a solution. Serial antagonists like Warner and Kohli earn $millions a year. They don't care if you fine them. The only fair way is to ban repeat/serious offenders. It sucks, because we want to see the best players but rabada deserves a ban

GRAB

First Class Debutant

Spark

Global Moderator
It'll be Stoinis if they go like-for-like, he's clearly been the alternative for that role in the selectors' minds for a while now.

Gob

International Coach
Pretty annoyed with Rabada ban. No satisfaction in beating a team without their best players really.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Just saw the smith shoulder incident and that's so minimal and incidental a charge is a ****ing joke. The send offs after being warned is dumb but this is a non incident. They both don't change line and there's barely a brush. Icc, Crowe and the umpires being stupid.

Smiths reaction is disappointing tbh.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Shame as you get a sense that Rabada is having one of those classic series like Hadlee against the Aussies in the mid '80s, or even Mitchell Johnson in the '13-14 Ashes.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Shame as you get a sense that Rabada is having one of those classic series like Hadlee against the Aussies in the mid '80s, or even Mitchell Johnson in the '13-14 Ashes.
The problem is we have such few genuine custodians of the game. I hate to put it into so many words but seeing a young black South African fast bowler run roughshod over the Australians would do wonders for the game's health in the country. Unfortunately, when bureaucrats run the game, they can't look past their noses at the greater picture.

Last edited:

Slifer

International Captain
Lol. Ab only just returned to the test cricket fold. It's like the icc wants one of the more exciting passionate young players to be like fuk test cricket, I'll ply my trade in the ipl. Oh well, if oz wins this series itll have a huge asterisk next to it afaic. Fine the guy don't ban him.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
No sympathy for Rabada. A few milligrams of self control can go a way. If South Africa lose the series because of it then it will force them to look at how they control their star player. As someone here pointed out, there are many ways to celebrate a wicket and he keeps choosing the few that will get him in trouble. Being talented isn't a license to be a nong.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
So gutting to see Rabada drop out, but at the same time it just really isn't that difficult to not be a ****head, so I don't have a lot of sympathy for him.

Will be fascinating if Steyn can make it back for the 3rd test, but he's gotta be 100% match fit and I kinda doubt whether that'll be the case. And Morkel isn't the worst replacement in the world (plus it'll be nice for him to get a crack at 300 test wickets).

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Remember guys, it's not Rabada's fault for being pig-ignorant. It's the fault of the administrators for setting so high a bar for behaviour that clearly no cricketer can ever aspire to, apart from the majority who do.

Bolo

State Captain
So gutting to see Rabada drop out, but at the same time it just really isn't that difficult to not be a ****head, so I don't have a lot of sympathy for him.

Will be fascinating if Steyn can make it back for the 3rd test, but he's gotta be 100% match fit and I kinda doubt whether that'll be the case. And Morkel isn't the worst replacement in the world (plus it'll be nice for him to get a crack at 300 test wickets).
Steyn is out of the 3rd