• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in New Zealand

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Well im not overally convinced about James Marshall, and the jury is still out on Mills & Franklin but hopefully they can do well this series.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wonder what Fleming's "personal medical problem" is...hope he gets better in time for Eden Park.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
_Ed_ said:
Wonder what Fleming's "personal medical problem" is...hope he gets better in time for Eden Park.
Maybe his latest shipment of "Ignite" didn't arrive from Tim Bickerstaff?

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lyell_Chris said:
aussie said:
Who do you think should open with Gilly for the ODI's in NZ & beyond to the World Cup, Kaques or Katich. For me if Jaques keeps up his great ODI form in the ING cup between now & when the sqaud is being picked for NZ i'd pick him, since i believe he make a better option at the top that Katich.

What do you ppl think?

Glenn McGrath
Sure about that? :p

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Voltman said:
Maybe his latest shipment of "Ignite" didn't arrive from Tim Bickerstaff?
Maybe...or maybe sales for Rexona and Fujitsu will drop in the next few weeks.

J.Coney

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
i did a stats check on batting 1st or 2nd (setting a score, chasing a score) I took the stats from the players last 15 innings batting first and 2nd. It makes an interesting read which players are better suited at batting 1st or 2nd.

batting first (setting a score)
player--------------avg.
S.Styris-----------40
M.Sinclair--------36
N.Astle------------34
S.Fleming--------34
B.McCullum-----34
C.McMillan-------33
L.Vincent---------30
C.Cairns----------29
J.Oram------------23
C.Harris-----------15
H.Marshall--------11

batting second (chasing a score)
H.Marshall-------44
N.Astle-----------40
C.McMillan-----39
S.Fleming-------35
C.Harris----------30
C.Cairns---------28
M.Sinclair-------24
S.Styris----------22
L.Vincent--------21
B.McCullum----16
J.Oram------------12

diffence to their avg. between batting frist or second.
-----------------------------According to avg favored 1st or 2nd inn.
S.Fleming------1_________2nd
C.Cairns--------1_________1st
N.Astle ---------6_________2nd
C.McMillan-----6_________2nd
L.Vincent--------9_________1st
J.Oram----------11_________1st
M.Sinclair------12_________1st
C.Harris---------15_________2nd
S.Styris---------18_________2nd
B.McCullum----18________1st
H.Marshall-------33________2nd

*Papps, J. Marshall, Cumming have not played enough matches to warrant a fair assesment.

Last edited:

parisa

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
It'll be interesting to see how Hamish Marshall goes against the aussies this time around...it's his brilliant batting against them at the start of the year that is still keeping the selectors' patience going. If he can't show that brilliance this time it'll certainly give the selectors something to think about.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I really hope Marshall comes good. But my biggest interest in this series is Bond vs. Australia. Sure he didn't have a good ODI series against South Africa, but Bond is the VVS Laxman of bowling against Australia. He just lifts his game and performs well almost all the time. Can't wait.

Natman20

International Debutant
I remember Vettori captaining the New Zealand side against Bangladesh last year or the year before but has he ever captained a first class side? I will be interested in seeing how he goes at the Auckland game.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Australian squad
Ricky Ponting (capt), Adam Gilchrist (vice-capt, wk), Nathan Bracken, Stuart Clark, Michael Clarke, Brad Hodge, Brad Hogg, Mike Hussey, Simon Katich, Michael Lewis, Brett Lee, Andrew Symonds, Cameron White.

No McGrath. That'll certainly give NZ some hope for sure.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Tim said:
Australian squad
Ricky Ponting (capt), Adam Gilchrist (vice-capt, wk), Nathan Bracken, Stuart Clark, Michael Clarke, Brad Hodge, Brad Hogg, Mike Hussey, Simon Katich, Michael Lewis, Brett Lee, Andrew Symonds, Cameron White.

No McGrath. That'll certainly give NZ some hope for sure.
Hey, what?

Just goes to show how pointless this yearly ODI series is, when Australia don't even bother taking their best bowler.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
shaka said:
how good is Michael Lewis?
Anybody's guess at international level. He's a decent domestic bowler though. Never set the world on fire, but he's accurate and economical in the shorter form.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah but can you honestly tell me you like seeing your team lose any series?

cameeel

International Captain
aussie said:
Who do you think should open with Gilly for the ODI's in NZ & beyond to the World Cup, Kaques or Katich. For me if Jaques keeps up his great ODI form in the ING cup between now & when the sqaud is being picked for NZ i'd pick him, since i believe he make a better option at the top that Katich.

What do you ppl think?
Matty Hayden to be honest. He shouldnt have been dropped in the first place :@