• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in New Zealand 2016

Gob

International Coach
Chad the guy I wanted in the Aust team alongside Harris and Siddle for the 13/14 Ashes

Loose Cannon

U19 Debutant
Chad=country
Chadd=cricketer who won't get a game.

It would have been so awesome to see Nev keeping up to the stumps like Ludes does for him

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
I'll be in Sydney for a week when the 1 test starts. Can I assume it will be shown on 9?

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't really care about the lack of a warm up game tbh. We've never had one for a NZ tour since I've been following cricket. The only reason it's funny is cause of how much NZ posters on here were complaining about only getting 2 or 3 short warm ups when they toured Aus
Much more of an example of CA doing the age old Australian cricket thing and treating a tour to NZ as a bit of a jolly and a chance for their 2nd string players to cash in without any need for things like preparation.

Similar to the sounds of how some of the Sri Lankan team treated the tour to NZ.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Much more of an example of CA doing the age old Australian cricket thing and treating a tour to NZ as a bit of a jolly and a chance for their 2nd string players to cash in without any need for things like preparation.

Similar to the sounds of how some of the Sri Lankan team treated the tour to NZ.
Similar to how we treat most of our tours, tbh. We rarely do warm ups. Sometimes understandable, sometimes drives me crazy. And all our overseas JAMODIs we fill with rotation. Which I'm in favour of.

There's a lot of cricket these days.

Blanco

Cricket Spectator
Chad=country
Chadd=cricketer who won't get a game.

It would have been so awesome to see Nev keeping up to the stumps like Ludes does for him
Has gilly ever kept up to the stumps to Mc Grath? I bet he has. At Sayers pace though you need to be able to move the ball both ways and be accurate to be successful in test. He is a chance then of succeeding ( if he gets a game). I just get the feeling though that selectors are just like fans here and 130 k bowlers must do exceptional things early on to remain in the team, or else the minute they struggle it is because they're not fast enough. Consequently if he does make the team, unless he takes bags of wickets earlier on he won't survive.Remember Bird who is faster than Sayers but still not very fast and how quickly he wasdropped. Glad he is back though.

TNT

Banned
Is this the series where NZ stand up and show the world why they are rated as one of the best 6 teams.

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
Has gilly ever kept up to the stumps to Mc Grath? I bet he has.
The reason why I think Gilchrist is the best keeper I've ever seen is that he stumped Craig McMillan off McGrath in 2004 or so.

Edit: it was the exact video Moss posted. It wasn't an easy ball to take either as it was a half volley.

Pretty sure I've seen another Gilchrist/McGrath stumping off a leg side wide as well.

Last edited:

TNT

Banned
The reason why I think Gilchrist is the best keeper I've ever seen is that he stumped Craig McMillan off McGrath in 2004 or so.

Edit: it was the exact video Moss posted. It wasn't an easy ball to take either as it was a half volley.

Pretty sure I've seen another Gilchrist/McGrath stumping off a leg side wide as well.
McGrath only had one stumping in his career, the McMillan one.

thierry henry

International Coach
McMillan was so woefully late on that shot. It was like Gilchrist coming up to the stumps somehow tricked him into forgetting that McGrath was a quick bowler.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Difficult to say for certain, since we've only had two tours in Asia since the team turned a corner back in 2012: 1-1 in SRL and 1-1 in UAE. But yeah, KW's excellence and McCullum's ability to gun it on flat surfaces against overawed bowlers, combined with the swing bowlers' ability to take the pitch out of the equation (for the first 20 overs at least) has meant that the team is reasonably suited to those conditions.