• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in New Zealand 2016

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
99% of the controversy surrounding Australian cricketers for "sledging" or "behaviour", "aggression" etc. is just a result of misunderstood cultural differences

not saying that excuses anything but it tends to get overlooked and people assume it's some "toxic culture" in the National team or disrespect for opponents or something ridiculous
it's a **** thing about your culture so it deserves all the criticism it gets until it changes.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Nah, it would be **** if this was how we went about it. Needing half the squad to bully Faf.

**** that video is so epic.

I know I say this everytime I talk about this incident, but Mills in a 12th man bib along with the rest of the team sledging Faf is the most ruthless thing I've ever seen on a cricket field. NZ smelt blood and went in for the kill.

And AB coming back to protect the bloke who just ran him out sums up why he's the best bloke.

What a match that was. What a moment. So good. Made for great TV.

Spark

Global Moderator
**** that video is so epic.

I know I say this everytime I talk about this incident, but Mills in a 12th man bib along with the rest of the team sledging Faf is the most ruthless thing I've ever seen on a cricket field. NZ smelt blood and went in for the kill.

And AB coming back to protect the bloke who just ran him out sums up why he's the best bloke.

What a match that was. What a moment. So good. Made for great TV.
Who was it who got ran out in a really hilarious way in that match and absolutely copped it on the way off?

EDIT: Derp, it was this incident.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah I just realised that. Thought it was a different one.
I think you're thinking of Nathan McCullum opening the bowling and getting that jammy as **** wicket where I think Amla cut the ball into the foot of Baz and it bounced up and was caught.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Man when you compare the 3 Saffer WC chokes, they really all can claim to being the #1 choke.

99 speaks for itself, but 2003 and ****ing up the d/l target is just classic. But then failing to chase 220ish against a team that at the time was just simply not as good in a WC quarter final, with your best player run out, was right up there. They had beaten India, the eventual champs ffs.

Spark

Global Moderator
Man when you compare the 3 Saffer WC chokes, they really all can claim to being the #1 choke.

99 speaks for itself, but 2003 and ****ing up the d/l target is just classic. But then failing to chase 220ish against a team that at the time was just simply not as good in a WC quarter final, with your best player run out, was right up there. They had beaten India, the eventual champs ffs.
2007 too, though in a total psyche-out sort of way.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yep the pre-match sledging making Kallis charge McGrath :laugh:

Love South Africa. When they're awesome they are awesome and when they are chokers they are awesome.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
99 semi is the biggest choke I've ever seen in any sport honestly. You can write off the large scale choke of losing after needing 160 at 4 an over as Warne turning the game, and then it was a pretty normal close ODI with SA needing 7 an over off the last 10 with 6 wickets in hand, losing a few, getting back on top, then losing more wickets etc. But then any other team would have just won the game on the back of what Klusener did. One run needed off the last 4 balls with a set batsmen on strike, but it just had to be a run out. Perfect example of a sports team psyching themselves out of a win.

Cricinfo's commentary description of it is hilarious

Klusener called him thru, Donald didn't move and then dropped his bat

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I hate how Donald seems to get all the blame for that. I still maintain Klusener * was the main culprit. He went off on a mad dash without even waiting for the ball to cross the length of the pitch. Poor Donald had to stay in because the ball could've deflected off the bowlers hand and onto the non striker stumps. Not to mention he was already a bit wary of running since he'd barely escaped a runout the previous ball when backing up too far.

*autocorrects to Kleenex. Heh.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
99 semi is the biggest choke I've ever seen in any sport honestly. You can write off the large scale choke of losing after needing 160 at 4 an over as Warne turning the game, and then it was a pretty normal close ODI with SA needing 7 an over off the last 10 with 6 wickets in hand, losing a few, getting back on top, then losing more wickets etc. But then any other team would have just won the game on the back of what Klusener did. One run needed off the last 4 balls with a set batsmen on strike, but it just had to be a run out. Perfect example of a sports team psyching themselves out of a win.

Cricinfo's commentary description of it is hilarious
:laugh:!!!!!!!!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I hate how Donald seems to get all the blame for that. I still maintain Klusener * was the main culprit. He went off on a mad dash without even waiting for the ball to cross the length of the pitch. Poor Donald had to stay in because the ball could've deflected off the bowlers hand and onto the non striker stumps. Not to mention he was already a bit wary of running since he'd barely escaped a runout the previous ball when backing up too far.

*autocorrects to Kleenex. Heh.
Everything you say is true.

But when you get called to run you run as the #11 you run. And you don't drop your bat like a mug.

They both choked. Hard.

Burner

International Regular
The tragic thing is that Klusener got them that close. I would rather have my team hole out first ball of the over than go through something like that.