• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Ireland and England 2015 (limited overs)

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hastings is so crap lol my heart sank when he was thrown the ball. Id rather Smiffy have bowled himself

ajdude

International Coach
You can't do what Smarsh did. They introduced a rule a few years ago to stop it. Maxwell was fine though, I think.
yeah i get that, was more in reference to "Where the fielder jumps from cannot matter less."; marsh jumped from outside the rope. maxwell's first contact wiith the ball was inside the rope so he was all good

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Law 19 changes - Boundaries

19.4. Ball beyond the boundary

After it has crossed the boundary in the air, a ball may be caught, subject to the provisions of Law 32, or fielded provided that

(i) the first contact with the ball is by a fielder, not touching or grounded beyond the boundary, who has some part of his person grounded within the boundary or whose final contact with the ground before touching the ball was entirely within the boundary.

Any fielder subsequently touching the ball is not subject to this restriction.

(ii) neither the ball, nor any fielder in contact with the ball touches, or is grounded beyond, the boundary at any time during the act of making the catch or of fielding the ball.

The act of making the catch, or of fielding the ball, shall start from the time when the ball first comes into contact with some part of a fielder’s person and shall end when a fielder obtains complete control both over the ball and over his own movement.

So I think it's just the first touch that matters. Not sure though, doesn't seem that clear to me.

ajdude

International Coach
**** me it's 3 in the morning and i'm sitting here asking internet strangers for information about the way fielders stand. what a good life

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
Judging by the weather on Sunday it could be a no show.

So they lost the Ashes.
Lost the t20 series. (Hah)
Drawn the ODI series.

Not a thrilling performance from the crime.

burr

State Vice-Captain
When is Maxwell going to break into test cricket. He's too damn talented not to. Losing ODIs to England. All a bit depressing really.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
When is Maxwell going to break into test cricket. He's too damn talented not to. Losing ODIs to England. All a bit depressing really.
Needs a solid season of FC cricket behind him I reckon, and could do with cutting out the dumb brain fades that curtail his innings right at the point where the opposition really start to **** themselves.

Niall

International Coach
spot on and I thought the Morgan knock was top notch.

Geoff Lemon Sport ‏@GeoffLemonSport 3h3 hours ago
Maxwell: 85 from 64, full spell of overs for 1/54, two of the best catches in cricket.

Morgan: 92 from 92. Man of the match.

Riiiiight.

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
spot on and I thought the Morgan knock was top notch.

Geoff Lemon Sport ‏@GeoffLemonSport 3h3 hours ago
Maxwell: 85 from 64, full spell of overs for 1/54, two of the best catches in cricket.

Morgan: 92 from 92. Man of the match.

Riiiiight.
The unwritten rule of the MOTM coming from the winning team has done him there.