• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Australia in India Thread

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
SJS said:
On top of that, on a day when batsmen struggled throughout , he was the only one who was 'hammered'. An economy rate of 66/100 balls (I prefer this since it is on same lines as batsman's strike rate) against 35.5 by all the other spinners put together is amazing.
To be fair - Kumble bowled an equally expensive spell in the Aussie first innings...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
JustTool said:
Ok. Let the whining and the hypocrisy begin. All the time when crucial umpiring decisions (the bumbling, biased Bucknor and the off-form Bowden) were going against India, when the Aussies were lucky to win the toss and when the raing rescued them from a sure loss - everyone said the Indians whine.
Firstly, yes, you were whining (and still are since you don't recognise the fact that decisions also went against Australia in those games) - and the rain ruined a potentiall epic, very tight game which was too close to call - so everyone was entitled to feel aggreived.

JustTool said:
Well this series would have ended 2-2 if it hadn't been for the rain.
No, you do not know that, so cannot say it - that Test was very tight - India had thrown away a very good position, so maybe the momentum was with Aus and they were on for a win?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
tooextracool said:
small but not impossible :p
Just goes to show how great and unpredictible the game of Cricket can be!

Which is why nobody knows whether it would've been 3-1 or 2-2 but for that rain.

Pace Setter

Cricket Spectator
marc71178 said:
Would he have made the same demands if Australia had won the match?

If I remember correctly, he did whinge about the Port Elizabeth pitch in the world cup when aus was bowled out for 200 odd, after beating NZ or SL. So I would say he may have still complained.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Slow Love™ said:
Do you have a leg to stand on in this regard? You've consistently whined and complained all throughout this thread. Have some dignity, man.

Well said Slow Love - fortunately most on both sides have acted with dignity in this thread.

Eclipse

International Debutant
marc71178 said:
And therein lies exactly why I said you're acting like a sore loser.

Not once did you mention it when things were going well.

As soon as things go pear-shaped, it's moan moan moan!
It does not mean that at all..

The fact is I had not said much at all on this thread untill just recently..

I may not have said alot about the state of the pitch had we won but I would certainly have aknowlaged it as being poor.

I dont think the pitch played any result in the outcome of the match anyway so what have I got to be sore about ?

Eclipse

International Debutant
marc71178 said:
Would he have made the same demands if Australia had won the match?
yeah I think so seeing as he has done it about 3-4 time's before..

example the match against Sri Lanka in Cairns (may have been Darwin) and the two game's in the world cup against England then Sri Lanka at PE..

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
To be fair - Kumble bowled an equally expensive spell in the Aussie first innings...
Yes he did. I acknowledged that when I said, Dravid couldnt afford to bowl Kumble in the second Australian innings at the start since there weren't enough runs.

from_da_lost_di

School Boy/Girl Captain
Ganguly's exact words after the series loss when India last toured New Zealand.

-------------
"This could be one of the reasons why spectators don't turn up to watch Test cricket in New Zealand, and if such pitches are prepared in the future, not many will turn up to buy tickets for the game.

In total, five days were played in a two-Test series and none but the groundsmen deserved the silverware of the series. "
------------

I don't see Ganguly complaining now that a test match has been over in just two days on a totally sub standard pitch.

Is this a sign of great leadership or plain old hypocrisy? :-O

PY

International Coach
masterblaster said:
Australia deserved to win this series plain and simple. There is no room for IF's and BUT's. Thats all crap. Live in the 'here and now' people.
Amen, Sangrah. :cool2:

From what I've seen, the Aussies have had the better series and it's as simple as that.

Making excuses on either side doesn't help or change the result. I'm just grateful that I've been able to watch (on cricinfo) some good good cricket!

Long may it continue. :)

Last edited:

biased indian

International Coach
from_da_lost_di said:
I don't see Ganguly complaining now that a test match has been over in just two days on a totally sub standard pitch.
dont u see who is complaining now???

the fact to be learned from this is simple winners don't complain :D :D

Dar

School Boy/Girl Captain
The match was a thriller, how can people complain about the pitch? The pitch that everyone is slating provided us with a great game, how is that a bad thing. How boring would it be if every pitch was the same and every match followed the same pattern. I would hate that, this makes it exciting and its okay for bal to rule over bat on the odd occassion. I remember in New Zealand when India were all out for 99 and then got a first innings lead, that was exciting to watch. the only bad point is for people who have tickets for the fourth or fifth day miss out.

If it was one day cricket it would be bad cos bat should rule over ball in ODI's but you can't tell me you didn't enjoy the last test

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
from_da_lost_di said:

Best you step out of the box. Ganguly certainly complained about pitches in this series.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
from_da_lost_di said:

-------------
"This could be one of the reasons why spectators don't turn up to watch Test cricket in New Zealand, and if such pitches are prepared in the future, not many will turn up to buy tickets for the game.

In total, five days were played in a two-Test series and none but the groundsmen deserved the silverware of the series. "
------------

Dravid has said that pitch was far worse than any NZ pitch

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
Oh, well that justifies the whining then (!)

Not one of those comments congratulated the Indians - instead they looked for scapegoats.

Here's one for you - maybe the Australian batsmen with their inflated averages aren't used to challenging conditions and when they came upon such conditions, only one of them (Martyn) was able to cope?
excepting lara all of the worlds top batsmen were playing in that game.... Tendulkar, Laxman and Martyn passed 50 once..... not much for them in their other innings, Hayden, Ponting, Dravid, Sehwag and every othe batsmen failed twice in that game..... 2 days out of 5 for a test clearly shows that the pitch wasnt worthy of a test even the indian side has said comments to that effect.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
Yes, it says that Clarke came on after the 2 big wickets had fallen, and for the most bowled to people who a) hadn't got in on this pitch
Dravid faced 74 balls and Kaif 60 if your playing test cricket and your not in after facing 10 overs or more there is a problem one would think. Hauritz had ample opportunity against other batsmen that survived a clarke over

marc71178 said:
b) don't have the ability of eg SRT.

why thank you captain obvious 8-) 8-) 8-)

JustTool

State 12th Man
Slow Love™ said:
I'm close to giving up on you (because you're probably a troll), .
Good idea. Start with the personal insults like the whining Aussie press does to Indian captains when they visit Australia and does the CLASSY GLEN MCGRATH (remember the Sarwan incident etc.). Look at how much respect the Aussies are treated with in India - compare that with how the Indians are treated in Australia when they visit.

I would be thrilled if you gave up on me, and the personal insults. :@

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
And you think that would've worked in this Test? 8-)
Hauritz 5/103 vs Clarke 6/9 seemed too on that pitch, Katich is pretty handy too i was surprised he didn't bowl - maybe he hasn't been bowling much at training

marc71178 said:
It does kind of ignore the chances missed off Hauritz, or that he was bowling when 2 players were applying their technique to show that scoring runs on this pitch wasn't impossible.

But then again, I've just checked on Cricinfo, and I see which state Hauritz hails from...

you had to check to see where hes from.... your slipping.

i dont really care which state he comes from, hes not good enough to play test cricket and probably never will be, not taking wickets on a pitch turing that much.... for an off spinner is a crime, look at Clarke (6), Karthik (3) and Harbhajan (5) in the 2nd innings.

doesn't matter what state he comes from he would still be rubbish in the longer version of the game.

JustTool

State 12th Man
from_da_lost_di said:

-------------

------------

Two comments:
1) He is learning, and learning well, from the Aussies a la Ricky Ponting. And how they have 'murdered' Murali e.g..

2) Were you crying murder, at that time, that NZ had prepared such substandard pitches ?

And, I'll throw win a bonus observation:

3) I just love the way all you members of your own mutual-admiration society have started talking about dignity, hypocrisy while you whine and whine. Must say you are all sporting losers. India would have won in Chennai if it hadn't been for the rain. Also, because Bucknor was not umpiring.

Oh, this is so much fun !! :)