• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Australia in India Thread

Dydl

International Debutant
It isn't in the spirit of the game, obviously to bribe a team that is beating you. Luckily it has stopped (for now), and that only a few players were bribing, otherwise it could have spread and become a major concern for the ICC.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
marc71178 said:
But the thing that is being overlooked is that Hawkeye is far from perfect and LBW is a judgement call.

A no ball or run out is not.
Have you read the articles in those links I posted that refer to the effectiveness of HawkEye? It is far from perfect, as anything is, but it's a damn sight more accurate than an umpire can hope to be. At any rate, no one is suggesting the computer does all the work - the fielding teams shouts for an LBW, the umpire goes to the third umpire IF he thinks it's marginal (as many are), and the third umpire makes the decision. Alternatively, the umpire gets an indication automatically from the third umpire (before it has been referred to him) if it was close or not.
The way I see it, umpires have always made mistakes, and will keep on doing so. If there is technology available to prevent mistakes, then it should be used.

Dydl

International Debutant
It isn't as if any huge matches have been lost because of the lack of technology in a decision, but that will probobly be something big in the future. One decision could decide the World Champions, but computers and technology have their own faults (though not very big)

FRAZ

International Captain
Mr Casson said:
Because out of umpires and players, I can guaran-damn-tee that most of the time the umpires will have much higher integrity and moral fibre.

So no.
Human is human . What you are saying man, is right in such a way that , Umpires usually look like every day life honest persons e.g. gym teachers , History teachers or Part time santa clauses or someone like a working class .. But trust me Money is money . An absolute beauty .. Any one can fall for it ........

Last edited:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Arjun said:
Then who will open the innings? At least one genuine opener has to stay.
Its amazing how you go on and on and on about Yuvraj being a genuine opener :D

Someone must check exactly how many times he has opened in first class games as a first choice opener (and not to be given batting practice) for for a first class team.

Anyone who understands the game (and has watched Yuvraj batting) can see that he has nothing that it takes to be an opener) and yet you have this crazy idea. Hats off to you for being consistent :p

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr Casson said:
In places like India and Sri Lanka you can barely hear a thing (and the umpire has it worse), and he can't make a good decision if he hasn't considered all the information e.g. heard a noise.
What about the noisy Pak fans, you seem to have conveniently missed out. :D

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
JASON said:
What about the noisy Pak fans, you seem to have conveniently missed out. :D
I said places like India and Sri Lanka, I was listing examples. :p

I don't have to go through every single one.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Looks like Its a great time if you are a Pak fan now, to gloat about India's misfortunes I suppose. :D

While the performance of this Australian Team is outstanding, the gloating Pak fans make me sick.

Tony Blade

U19 Cricketer
Looks like Its a great time if you are a Pak fan now, to gloat about India's misfortunes I suppose.

While the performance of this Australian Team is outstanding, the gloating Pak fans make me sick.
Eh?!!!!! Most people here dont care either way actually.

FRAZ

International Captain
^When did I say "You are Mongolian " ..I just said "Damn Mongolians".
And remember I asked you to put smilies off your posts . plzzzzz ...

FRAZ

International Captain
JASON said:
Reply to post Re- Mongolians. Don't care what your thoughts are on this. :p
I mean why dont Mongolians learn cricket ...
Damn Mongolians .. Sick and tired to see only 8 good cricket nations ..

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
FRAZ said:
^When did I say "You are Mongolian " ..I just said "Damn Mongolians".
And remember I asked you to put smilies off your posts . plzzzzz ...
I like my smiles, So I am going to keep it . :)

FRAZ

International Captain
JASON said:
Its Jason Mohammad Edwards, not a Mongolian if I can remind you from your previous encounter with me. :)
And you must be thinking as per usual that I am precieving your name as "Jason Mohan Das Edwards ...

Last edited: